Friday, October 26, 2012

The Final Countdown

As I have hit the 30-week mark, I can't help but feel completely ecstatic and insane pressure all at the same time over this little girl's arrival. We have made some difficult decisions in the past few weeks that have made us feel more settled and ready for a new baby to come. POSITIVE. And yet, she will be here in 10 weeks or less and I still have much to do (like rearrange every bedroom in our house and completely remodel the nursery). NEGATIVE. I have started making preparations like accumulating items for my hospital bag, purchasing baby girl clothes (just a few, but WHEW! it was fun!), actually thinking about Christmas for my little boys, and getting necessities like a crib and car seat. Two babies and two cribs! Who would have ever thought...

 Meanwhile, I am growing. Baby Girl (no name decided yet) is getting bonier and heavier. She moves around a lot and I love it. For the first time in my pregnancy I am having specific and FATTENING cravings. I've decided to enjoy it and indulge! Here is a little documentation:

25 Weeks and feeling like there is nowhere left for baby to go!

28 Weeks and a much needed pedicure.

30 Weeks and feeling pretty great, although I am much more tired than I was a few weeks ago.

Phil's cousin, Jennie, sent a completely unexpected gift for the baby in the mail. She had 3 boys then 2 girls, so she knows what it's like to be completely excited over the transition from blue to pink. I think her card was perfect - what an occasion! And the gift was darling and incredibly thoughtful.

I couldn't really handle sweets for the first 25 weeks of the pregnancy, then something flipped. I have come to terms with it (ha! that took all of 2 seconds to do!). I love See's. Love love love love love....

I have never loved cinnamon rolls, but I was craving them, so I whipped some up. They fed us for a week!

These are seriously so delicious. Grant actually eats more of them than I do!

I will probably weigh 200 pounds in my next pregnancy photo!

2 comments:

Riki Lee said...

You look great! And yay for being so close to the end. I also like to hear that I'm not the only one craving everything fattening, though you don't show it as much as I do! Haha! I also have a current addiction to Kirkland's chocolate covered raisins. Raisins are good for you, right?

Unknown said...

You are beautiful. LOVED seeing the transition photos and you know you will go right back to your cute little body the day after you have the baby, I swear! :-) O to look like you do when I'm prego. But no, I look like a whale....that's all there is to it. Anywho, so excited for that sweet little miracle to make her entrance. Good luck surviving "the end".