Wednesday, October 17, 2012

September

September proved to be a busy month for us, especially for me and Phil as we worked hard to get our house ready to put up for sale. There were so many small, but overall time-consuming projects that ate the month away. In the meantime, our boys continued to be boys and found ways to keep themselves occupied as well.

Henry and Jack played with play-doh one afternoon and were pretty proud of these little guys they made.


They also earned a free dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory for all of their reading hours. They earned every penny's worth, I tell ya! These boys love to read and I am completely amazed by how often they choose to do that instead of other things in their spare time. I took them with Grant out for dinner one night while Phil was hunting. It was so much fun! I love dates with my boys.

Grant chooses to do other things in his free time. He is very curious and he loves to explore. One day, he discovered how fun it was to eat and roll around in the mulch Phil laid the weekend before. 

Occasionally, he opts for a good book in a quiet space.


One morning I was working in the kitchen. The sprinklers were on and I could tell they were making a weird sound. I looked outside to see what might be wrong and I found this little boy standing on a sprinkler head, soaking wet! It was probably in the 50's that morning - FREEZING! He wouldn't let me bring him inside. He ran around in the sprinklers, fully dressed, for a good while. He has no fear of water.

Trying to get coins out of the fountain at the mall. No fear...


He has also taken a liking to trucks and tractors. They are still a second to sports, but they'll keep him busy for a while!
Phil had a birthday! We celebrated with family on Sunday, then I took him to the Homestead Resort in Midway for an overnighter. We had such a great time. The weather was perfect, the fall colors were breathtaking and the time alone was needed. It was our first time there and hopefully not our last.




 I spent the entire month sanding, painting, caulking, cleaning, decluttering and reorganizing to get our house ready to sell. It was a lot of tiring work, but I was grateful for the extra energy and willpower I had from the 2nd trimester nesting stage! 



No comments: