Monday, September 10, 2012

I Smell T-R-O-U-B-L-E!

THIS BOY....

He really keeps us on our toes. I feel like I am running after him all day long, cleaning up messes, placing things out of his reach and narrowly avoiding a heart attack several times a week. It isn't that he's mischievous, he's just so CURIOUS and completely FEARLESS. He wants to figure everything out on his own, try anything his brothers are doing (or are too afraid to try), and he is just too big for his britches. He is so different from his big brothers. I am so glad we only have one of him!

Phil put him in the truck with a ball just to keep him contained while he worked outside.

He wanted to wear goggles like his brothers at the pool. This is the place where years are shaved off of my life as I have to be on guard the entire time, making sure he doesn't run and jump into the deep end. He doesn't realize he can't swim yet.

We went for a walk after dinner one night. Every time we sang "Horsey, Horsey on your way..." he would lay on the ground on his stomach. We laughed so hard so we kept singing the song over and over. 

He watches everything we do and copies it. This time it didn't turn out so badly.

Phil mulched last weekend and Grant had a party in the mulch today.

This is such a Holmes face. He had a messy face so we put him in the bath. A bath or shower for this baby is a guaranteed 10 minutes of pure joy. He loves water.

Containment is key.


Feeding horses with the big boys. He loves horses BIG TIME!

He tried out the Listening Station in the boys' Kindergarten class during their Open House. He does not like to be left out.

"Which book were you looking for, Mom? Yeah, I got this..."

He steals our sodas every chance he gets.

We love him immensely. He makes us laugh more than anything or anybody else! We have become those obnoxious parents that think everything their kid does is funny, and we can't help it. He really is funny! We are so glad he is in our family. 

No comments: