Friday, April 6, 2012

A Brave Outing

Last month, the boys learned all about our solar system in preschool. They came home every day so excited and enthusiastic about the things they learned about each planet. I was impressed with how much they knew by the end of the month, I thought it might be fun to take them up to the Clark Planetarium in Salt Lake City. Of course, since it was their birthday week, we invited their dearest friends and cousins, Braddock and Emma. We made a day of it by not only visiting the planetarium, but the new City Creek Center, Temple Square and the Conference Center downtown. I spent 5 hours with 5 kids in tow, and never once did I feel overwhelmed or irritated. In fact, I wish we could have done more, but I didn't want to wear them out completely. We'll have to hit up more sights next time!

The boys enjoyed walking on "Mars". This picture captures Henry's personality so well. I love it.

I had them pose next to the planet models. They loved to see how big and small they planets were compared to each other.

Emma and Henry were manipulating clouds in the cloud machine. We also tried some astronaut ice cream and the kids LOVED it. Have you had it before? It's surprisingly delicious!

We strolled over to Temple Square and played in the reflection pool a little bit. 

I was in awe of this beautiful view of the temple. The trees in bloom were a lovely touch.

See the smiles on these little faces? They were happy and excited to be together the ENTIRE DAY. Not a word of complaint, no arguing or drama. They really are best friends.

After I took this picture, a guy visiting from Australia asked them to pose for his camera. He loved the idea of four little future missionaries all standing in front of such a grand statue.

Oh dear, their personalities kill me! Clearly Emma can hold her own in this group of boys.

 The water fountains at the City Creek Center were incredibly entertaining and were just what we needed in the warm afternoon.

Showing some love on the temple picture pedestal. 

More than once I was asked if all the kids were mine, then told I was "brave" for taking them all out together. I couldn't disagree more. I was lucky. I don't know who will treasure the memory of this trip more: me or them! My kids are so lucky to live close to their cousins and grow up being such sweet friends.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are such a cute mom!!! What a cute idea!!! I'm so glad you guys had fun:) I can't believe how big your boys are getting!!! Especially Grant. Memorial Day will be so much fun this year.