The boys had their first official Spring Break this year. We celebrated it right by heading out of town with my sister, Bethany, and her darling kids. We spent three glorious days in Oak City - our home away from home. It was Bethany's first time there with her kids and I'm sure it won't be their last.
We played games outside, jumped on the trampoline, went to the park, got treats at the store, painted, colored, did puzzles, watched Doris Day movies and laughed hysterically (oh wait, that was me and Bethany), took a trip up the canyon and played in the creek and most of all, relaxed.
We spent a lot of time at the creek one afternoon. The kids threw rocks in the water for a long time, dug up worms, relaxed in the grass and climbed on trees.
It was almost impossible to keep Grant off of the rocks and out of the water. I finally took off his shoes and socks and let him climb on the rocks in the creek. He has no fear, especially not of water, which honestly freaks me out a little.
Emma can hold her own, but she enjoyed some quiet time with her footsies in the water, away from any boys.
Oh this munchkin... he makes me gloriously happy!
Braddock couldn't smile because he was busy getting the ants off of his back. Poor kid!
These two were walking and crawling all over the place outside and getting terribly dirty. I had no problem giving them food and letting them go at it on the sidewalk. Little Debbie Zebra Cakes everywhere! And they loved it.
I am already thinking about our next trip down there. I had so much fun with Bethany and her babies. It was lovely just to get out of town for a few days. Sisters are the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment