Our little Grant is turning into his own little person. He makes us laugh non-stop, is tough as nails and incredibly independent. He's slightly stubborn, very determined and very persistent. He completes our family and I can't imagine life without him. Everyone in our family is excited when he wakes up each morning.
He's not afraid to get dirty, and I turn him loose in the backyard more than I care to admit. He crawls around and explores extensively without really getting into any trouble. He comes inside with dirty hands, knees and face. He loves baseballs, basketballs, footballs, soccer balls and balloons. He can spot a ball of any kind from a mile away, and he always has one in his hand. He is ALL BOY.
He puts up with so much from his big brothers, who love to hug, wrestle, kiss, carry and snuggle him until he is beyond annoyed. He bonks his head, falls on his bum and is squished by the boys and it hardly phases him.
He is a big eater. He eats more than the twins at every sitting. A typical breakfast is 2-3 waffles or pancakes, a banana and full cup of milk. Lunch is chicken nuggets, string cheese, grapes, strawberries, 2 cups of milk. He cleans his plate at dinner every time. He is husky and tough. I love it.
He is a big eater. He eats more than the twins at every sitting. A typical breakfast is 2-3 waffles or pancakes, a banana and full cup of milk. Lunch is chicken nuggets, string cheese, grapes, strawberries, 2 cups of milk. He cleans his plate at dinner every time. He is husky and tough. I love it.
He communicates extremely well for a 1-year-old, at least I think so. He says the following words on a regular basis: da-da, mama, doggy, uh-oh, no, don't, ow! (ouch), cheese, drink, a-choo (fake sneeze), oh wow, hi, hey, hat, hot, yeah, ball, buh-ball (football), ba-ball (basketball), all done, boon (balloon), bubble (means bubble, water or bath), baby, bah-pa (grandpa) and e-i-e-i-oh ALL THE TIME. He has also decided to start walking... everywhere! He doesn't crawl much anymore, even if it is faster. He is determined to master walking, and he has rather quickly. It's a rather funny sight, he still seems too small to me!
He LOVES bath time! Oh goodness, when he hears the water running he comes barging into bathroom yelling "bubble, bubble!" He tries to jump in with his clothes on and has come close a few times. Once, after I had bathed him and dressed him, before I could even turn around, he was out the bedroom door and into the bathroom, where he did a nose-dive right into the tub where his brothers were still bathing. He was fully dressed and all ready for bed! It was hilarious. He didn't care at all.
More than anything, this boy is through and through a DADDY'S BOY. It's the best part of his day when Phil walks up the stairs from work. The other night, Phil came home while the boys were in the bath. As soon as Grant saw him, he wanted OUT of the tub - and we've already established how much he loves his bath. I took him out and stood him on the bath mat and before I could get the towel on him he was GONE! Running naked down the hall yelling "Dada! Dada!" The boys and I were doubled over laughing so hard. It was quite a sight. He goes outside every night with Phil to "check the plants" (it's Phil's spring/summer evening ritual). The view I get out the kitchen window of that baby hanging on his daddy's hip is so satisfying.
1 comment:
Wow. So stinking cute! I can't believe he's already one!
Post a Comment