Last week I was driving home late at night with all three boys in the car. As I turned down 9th East in Provo, there were like 20 lights in the sky. They really looked like UFO's, I was a little spooked. But as we drove closer, I saw they were colorful Chinese lanterns - red, green, white, yellow - just like the floating lanterns in Tangled. Henry was already asleep, but Jack and Grant were completely mesmerized. I pulled into a nearby parking lot and saw about 50 young adults gathered and releasing the lanterns into the air. There had to be at least 100 lanterns. I turned off the car and turned on the Tangled song, "I See the Light". It was so enchanting. I worked long and hard to wake up Henry, and when he finally opened his eyes, the first thing he saw was the floating lights. His mouth opened wide and he said, "Wooooow! How did they DO that!?" We watched for probably 20 minutes before the lights floated out of sight, then we talked about it for days afterwards. I'm so grateful for that precious memory.
1 comment:
THAT, is so COOL. I totally want to make some now. Off to search the interwebs!!!!!
Post a Comment