Friday, March 9, 2012

My Big Boys

My big boys are growing up just as quickly as our baby. I am amazed at all they know, understand and learn every day. They are incredibly helpful and protective of their brother. A couple of weeks ago we took them to a bounce house gym. Phil watched Grant while I ran, jumped and played with the twins. I loved it. I wanted to bathe in hand sanitizer afterwards, but I loved it! We took a picture with Grant at the bottom of one of the slides. I love their funny faces.

Today we were swinging on the swings at the park. This picture of Henry captured a sense of freedom and childhood that I miss a little bit when I watch my boys. It's pretty fun to relive and remember my experiences when I watch them play. 

Jack loves to be in charge of Grant. He was such a good helper and pushed him on the swing while I took pictures. It was a great set-up.


Here are a few funny exchanges I've had with the boys lately. They say the funniest things. I just love how they think.

Me: (after struggling to get Henry to eat) Henry, are you going to eat dinner or what?
Henry: WHAT.
Phil and I could not hide how much we were laughing. 

Me: Jack, can you bring me one of those magazines?
Jack: (looking at the picture of Niki Taylor on front) Well that's a pretty girl! 
Me: Oh really, do you like her?
Jack: Yeah, I think she's great!
Henry: Do you think you want to kiss her?
Jack: What!?! She's not even my mom!
That's right, Jack. Please keep thinking that way until you're 21. Thanks.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I sure love those boys. I'm so glad I got to see them this weekend. Thanks for the park dates!