Friday, March 9, 2012

Birthday Boy

It's hard to believe our baby boy is ONE. We have enjoyed him every moment of his life and we feel so lucky to have him in our family. He brings so much joy to each one of us. We love him immensely!

Baby G loves to eat. He eats more than the twins at every meal. He has plumped up significantly since he started eating normal food and stopped nursing. Feeding him makes me happy because he almost never complains about what I make for him! He devoured his birthday cupcakes...

Something Grant loves more than anything else is balls - footballs, basketballs, baseballs and soccer balls. The first thing he says when I take him out of his crib is "Ball?" and it's the last thing he says before he goes to bed. He carries one around at all times. Gramma Pam gave him this card for his birthday. He treasures it!



We went to the park today and he loved the swing. He loves to get down and get his hands (and jeans and socks) dirty while he tries to play with his big brothers. He can hold his own for sure. He has bonked his head and fallen down so many times without even a whimper. He just keeps on working on whatever he was doing. He is determined. He is curious without being mischievous. He can keep himself entertained for a long time without my attention. 

Baby G weighs 21 lbs 4 oz (25th percentile) and is 30 inches long (50th percentile). He is taking 4-5 steps on his own every now and then, but I'm not encouraging it too much, just letting him figure it out on his own. It won't be long before he'll be running around with his brothers, just in time for lovely outdoor weather.

Happy 1st Birthday, baby boy!

2 comments:

Riki Lee said...

It's been so long since we've seen you guys I can't believe he is already one and starting to walk! He's so cute. I bet Phil loves that he loves balls so much.

Alyssa said...

I think his mouth totally makes him look like phil in the picture with his yellow shirt and red football, no?