(Our Thankful Tree, constructed by my little family for FHE)
Day 9: Prayer
I had a rough day with my boys last month, and in spite of my frustration, I was so grateful to have access to my Heavenly Father. I needed help before I spiraled out of control. A few minutes on my knees helped me regain composure and practice a little more patience.
Day 10: Preschool
Before Grant was born, I really enjoyed teaching the boys their ABC's and numbers. We worked on them every day at a designated time for at least 30 minutes, along with other various skills. When Grant was born, I dedicated that time to him. The timing worked out well to put the boys in preschool when I did. They love their teacher, I love their curriculum and I am especially grateful for the non-academic things they practice, like sharing, taking turns, raising their hands to speak, socializing, playing well with others, etc.
Day 11: Good Friends
I hosted a Scentsy party in my home just for fun. I loved having good friends in my home. I was sick as a dog that day, and still enjoyed sitting around my kitchen table talking, laughing and becoming better acquainted with the great girls that live around me. Can't wait to do it again, just not at my house :)
Day 12: Down Time
After tearing a muscle in my back (who KNOWS how? I don't!) and coming down with a terrible cold, I was forced to lay down for a few days. I needed it. My body and mind were exhausted. Sometimes it's nice to never get out of pajamas, to watch good movies all day and never leave the house. It shouldn't happen every day, but it should happen.
Day 13: Henry
I am so thankful for a fun-loving, tender-hearted, quirky little boy. Oh wow, he keeps us laughing! He eats snow (always has), loves to be social, would play the Wii or watch movies all day if we let him (we don't), loves Lightning McQueen and Sheriff Woody, and can hardly keep himself from singing and dancing at all times. He never turns down a hug or kiss from him mamma. He is so good with his baby brother. We are lucky to be his parents.
Day14: Jack
Oh Jackie Lynn. I can find him most often with one of my notebooks and a pen, writing his letters, trying to spell out words and drawing the funniest little men and tractors. He draws and writes all over every piece of paper in his path. He is smart - too smart sometimes. He can figure out anything. He loves to help me in the kitchen and help Phil in the garage. If I need something done or help in any way, he is my go-to guy. His heart is tender. He smile melts my heart. I could kiss and hug him all day if he would let me (he won't).
Day 15: Baby G
Grant is the most perfect baby. Is that fair to say? He is easy. He is such a great combination of his two older brothers. The wheels in his head are always turning, constantly trying new things, figuring everything out on his own. He loves music. He loves to dance and be sung to. He goes to bed and wakes up happy. He sleeps through the night! He eats everything and is growing like a weed (finally!). He loves his mom and dad. He keeps himself entertained. He loves to play in the bathroom, get into the dishwasher and play in the fridge during the two seconds that the door is opened. He is quick, his eyes twinkle and he gives the best kisses. We love him immensely.
Day 16: Pin-spiration
I was inspired by several DIY crafts for the holidays by that little website, crafts that I actually completed! And they're CUTE! So often I think, "Geez, why didn't I think of that?" when I see something on there. I am glad that at least someone is doing the thinking, and then sharing their brilliance with me and the world wide web. My fall decor this year was definitely more plentiful and aesthetic. My wardrobe is benefiting from Pinterest as well.
Day 17: Cooking Blogs
Oh mercy, where would our family mealtimes be without the recipes from Mel's Kitchen Cafe, Our Best Bites, The Sisters' Cafe, Tasty Kitchen and lots of other bloggers. I don't come up with recipes on my own. I borrow everybody else's! And thank goodness for that. Our dinner rotations are never dull.
Day 18: Scentsy
Is that lame? I love walking into my house and smelling a welcome scent like Pumpkin Bread, Honey Apple Cider, Christmas trees, cinnamon and cloves...it changes depending on the season. It's especially enchanting when coupled with a cozy Christmas tree, twinkle lights and soft Christmas music. I don't feel comfortable burning candles anymore. I have left them burning too many times and nearly had an anxiety attack each time. I can leave my Scentsy burning all day and never worry about it. Perfect.
Day 19: Cozy Socks
This time of year, when the air turns chilly, my toes are always cold. I have an impressive stash of Christmas socks that my mom has given me over the years. During the holidays, I bust 'em out and wear them constantly, along with these little beauties that my sister, Mary, gave me for Christmas a few years ago. I love having warm toes in the dead of winter.
Day 20: Snow
We have hardly had enough of it this winter, so my delight is only intensified when I wake up in the morning to snow-covered streets. Snow is so peaceful, quiet, clean and magical. I love it. I am always sad to see it end for the year. Seriously, did I grow up in Arizona?
Day 21: Running
I have a quote pinned on my Pinterest board that says, "Running is cheaper than therapy." I am living proof of that statement. It is my best therapy. I never enjoyed running until two years ago. I have no idea what changed, but once I started running - especially long distances - I was addicted. Since then it has been the perfect way to clear my mind, regroup and re-energize. I snapped the above picture one morning after a good run. I prefer running in the winter, I especially love the snow. I know, I'm so weird.
Day 22: My Man
On November 22, Phil and I celebrated our 8th anniversary. We went to dinner and I got my wedding ring back from being repaired. The real celebration will happen in January when we cruise to Mexico for a week. A cruise! Can't wait to have that guy to myself for a week. I love how in love we are after all this time. We are perfectly matched. In eight years we've never had a rough patch, not because we haven't been through hard times, but because we love each other so much and work together so well. And mostly because he is a lot more laid back and level-headed than I am. I hit the jackpot big time when I snatched him up.
Day 23: Family
We love where we live. We are completely surrounded by family. My family all lives within 10-15 minutes of us, and Phil's parents are 15 minutes away. We spend a lot of time with all of them. We depend on them, we enjoy being with them and we are especially thankful to have our kids grow up with them around. We're lucky.
Day 24: Food!
Thanksgiving Day is the perfect day to be grateful for good food. I love to eat. I love to bake. I prefer to cook and bake from scratch whenever possible. I workout as much and as hard as I do so that I can enjoy food. Food is more than a pleasure for me, it is a joy. Heaven will be overflowing with delicious food, I'm sure of it. Our Thanksgiving spread was divine. We ate off of it for DAYS.
Day 25: The Christmas Tree Hunt
After cooking for two days straight and recovering from a cold and sore back, I decided to sit this year out. But I am still thankful that Phil takes our family every year to pick out a tree. Our live tree makes our house smell festive, and it is a fun activity for the boys, too. They love to help in any way they can.
Day 26: Crazy Sister Time
I have done the Black Friday thing every year for the past four years, and I always go with at least one of my sisters. We never go out with the intention of snagging a specific deal, we just go for the experience. We usually end up laughing, talking and people-watching more than anything else, but when we can come out of it with $15 jeans from American Eagle or a $25 pair of boots, it's a definite bonus. This year I went with Bethany. We got a lot accomplished, ate at The Awful Waffle and enjoyed each other's company. Can't wait for next year!
Day 27: Dave Ramsey
He has saved my life and taught us to be in charge of our finances. His method works and I will practice what he preaches for the rest of my days. The end.
Day 28: A Comfy Bed
Every night I thank my Heavenly Father for a home to keep us safe and a comfortable bed in which to sleep. Seriously, I love our bed. It makes me so happy to crawl inside the covers and fall instantly asleep (chasing after 3 boys all day helps with that). I don't get nearly as much sleep as I should, but when I do sleep, I'm comfortable.
Day 29: Motherhood
"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." -David O. McKay
I am fortunate to stay home with my kids each day. For me, no other job, career or accomplishment could match the importance of the roles I fill here in my home. I know I am lucky to have this option. I am grateful to Phil who works so hard so I can work well at home.
Day 30: My Testimony
I know I am a daughter of a loving Heavenly Father. I know Jesus Christ died lives again for me, so that I would have the chance to live with God again. I know that there is a living prophet on the earth today. I know that my family will be together forever. I am thankful for the gift of agency, that I can choose to be happy and free. I know the Book of Mormon testifies of Jesus Christ - his ministry, his purpose, and his love. I am reassured of these truths daily. It's why I'm happy. My life has purpose, meaning and direction. I could not be grateful for anything else without first being thankful for this.

2 comments:
Jenna, I'm so happy to have you part of our family. Thanks so much for your gratitude posts. Much love, G
Love your thoughts and darling pictures of all of your boys!! Hope you are doing better and that you have a fabulous trip!!
Post a Comment