Friday, March 11, 2011

Whaaat?!

Last night Phil came home from work with these two enormous gift bags full of baby gifts. It was so unexpected! Of course, we didn't have a baby shower this time around because we already have two boys and plenty of clothes and such for a new baby boy. I haven't expected much from anybody as far as gifts go, but we surely appreciate the kindness and thoughtfulness of those who have shared. In this case, it was Phil's team members who gave so generously.
Seriously, these bags are huge! And they hold a lot more than you might initially think...
...all of this! Such cute and practical gifts! Who doesn't need diapers, wipes and bath product? And the cute polka dot gift box was stuffed with...

...a lot of baby boy clothes!

I just sat on the couch and watched in awe as Phil pulled out item after item from the bags and boxes. It was like they threw us a shower without us being there.
We are incredibly thankful for such kindness. Phil has a wonderful job, and I am constantly made aware of how much he is appreciated and respected there. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a lot of Thank You notes to write.

2 comments:

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

how glorious!

Sarah Robbins said...

Oh that is just wonderful! I always think (being a 3rd child myself) that it is always nice for them to see the pictures, hear the stories, and know that they were just as anticipated as those that came before them. Even though YOU don't need it, THEY still need to know. . .