Thursday, March 10, 2011

Our Angel Baby

Before Grant was born, I wondered a lot about what his personality would be like and especially who he would look like when he got here. People try to guess if he looks more like Jack or Henry, but from the moment I laid eyes on him I knew he was his own little person. I can't detect Jack or Henry in him. His personality and appearance belong completely to him.

From Day One, he has been the most mild-tempered and content little baby. He sleeps well, he eats well, he hardly cries, really. I call him my little "angel baby," because he has been just that so far. He loves to be held and cuddled, he listens so intently when he hears anyone in our family talking, like he is mesmerized by our voices. And he often wears a hint of a half-smile on his face. He makes the sweetest facial expressions when he is falling asleep. I die, he is so adorable.

He had his first real bath this week...
I love his hair. He has more hair than the twins did in their entire first year of life! They were little baldies, but Grant has reddish-brown wispy hair all over that perfect little head of his. And look at those pouty lips! We are so happy that this little boy joined our family.




4 comments:

three pinkies said...

What a little sweetheart!! I need to come hold him!

h said...

so good to see such recent pics. been thinking about you guys and wondering how things are going and wondering how this baby's changed already. what a cute sweet boy. love you guys

grandmasmith said...

Thanks for the pics. Can't wait to meet him. Love...

Sarah Robbins said...

What a cutie! Glad he is so good-natured! It sure makes life easy!