Friday, January 21, 2011

Pregnancy Update: 34 Weeks

How Far Along:
34 Weeks. Really?!? I have been in panic mode all week over this.
Maternity Clothes:
I can wear nothing else, except Phil's clothes.
Best Moment This Week:
Today was the best day of the week for me. I was very productive and finished the last of my projects. I refinished some old picture frames and hung some pictures above the crib, along with the rest of the nursery pictures, and the nursery is completely finished! I also finished painting a table, folded a few loads of laundry, finished off all of the ironing (including the daunting task of our King-sized duvet cover), deep-cleaned the bathrooms and mopped the kitchen. I am so glad that is all over.
Movement:
Lots of moement, as usual! At our 34 week check-up this week, he was still head-down, which was very reassuring. My stomach is just moving around all of the time.
Food Craving:
I get on these food kicks where I eat the same thing every day for a certain amount of time until I get sick of it. Lately, it's been Cream of Wheat and toast for breakfast. I crave chocolate, too. I keep 2 bags of Dove Promises in my fridge for a little pick-me-up whenever I need it.
What I Miss:
I have officially stopped going to the gym. I just feel too big and awkward, and am cherishing every extra second of sleep I get. I miss it, especially my friends and support group, but I'll see them in a few weeks when we go out for a birthday lunch!
Sleep:
Two nights ago I was awake more than I was asleep. It was dreadful! So last night I took a Tylenol PM. I slept soundly, and was able to have a productive day today. Hooray!
What I Am Looking Forward To:
It is thrilling to think about holding this little baby boy and seeing him for the first time. I picked up some Baby Magic lotion for the nursery this week, and could not resist rubbing some on my hands. Then I had to rub it on my boys after their bath. My mom used that lotion on her babies, and it always reminds me of having a new baby in the house. It got me really excited about having our baby here with us!
Symptoms:
I just feel fatigued and winded a lot of the time. My back and feet hurt if I do too much, and my energy is waning. I am nesting as much as my energy level permits. When I'm not physically organizing, cleaning or decorating, I am making lists (so many lists!) and shopping online. I am feeling very driven, and seeing time slip away so quickly is motivating me immensely!

1 comment:

Heather Evans said...

I just wish I could rub your little belly, it's so dang cute! Oh, I miss being pregnant.