Friday, January 7, 2011

Pregnancy Update: 32 Weeks


How Far Along: 32 Weeks


Maternity Clothes:
I wear my Old Navy maternity jeans just about every day, throwing in my Old Navy khaki cords every once in a while. I rotate through about 4-5 favorite maternity shirts. I always, always wear a Shade shirt/cami underneath. I make an effort to look presentable (I will NOT be frumpy!), however, I am caring less and less about style and more about comfort.

Best Moment This Week:
The baby has been breech for the entirety of the pregnancy, and after Christmas we started praying that it would turn before the delivery. I found out today at my appointment that the baby is head-down! Hooray! It was the best news I could have received. I'm not sure why I care so much, I guess anything I can do to avoid a c-section makes me happy. Way to go, little boy!

Movement:
I am pretty sure the baby turned a few days ago. Instead of his usual pokes, prods and kicks, I felt more of a shifting and rotating sensation all day. It was odd, I just hoped he was figuring out how to get his head down in the right space. Now that he has turned, he is back to his usual kicking and flailing. It really looks like an alien trying to break free.

Food Craving:
I must have a Vitamin C deficiency because I eat grapefruit, clementines and drink orange juice like they are going out of style! Citrus always hits the spot. Also, I got a box of See's Chocolates in my stocking for Christmas, and since I finished them I want them all the time. I was at Costco earlier this week and saw a discounted package of 2 See's gift certificates there. I was so tempted to buy them, but I refrained. When I got home that day, my friend had left a gift on my doorstep. It was a See's gift certificate! She was so inspired! I am going to hand pick my chocolates pronto!

What I Miss:
I'm just tired. A LOT. But I did start going back to the gym this week and it has made a big difference. So thankful to still be going to the gym!

Sleep:
I can't remember the last time I slept straight through the night - pregnant or not pregnant. I am sleeping better these days, without the need of extra pillows all around me. Not sure how long that will last, but I am trying to enjoy it! A daily nap has also become a necessity, whether it's 20 minutes or 2 hours, it is always welcomed.

What I Am Looking Forward To:
So, the nursery is almost put together! I found a dresser that will double as a changing table, a changing pad and cover, the crib bedding is at the dry cleaner and the furniture is all in its place! Clothes are washed, folded and put away. All I need to do is hang the pictures. It has been a productive week, to say the least. I will be excited when I have accumulated enough of the essentials to feel good about the baby being born (diapers, wipes, lotion, baby wash, powder....). When all is said and done, I will be looking forward to a full body massage!

Symptoms:
My hips feel so loose and fragile. If I sit for any period of time, when I get up my left hip feels like it is going to pop out of its socket. My joints are sore. The left side of my back is constantly contracted to make space for the baby who has taken up residence in the right side of my abdomen. Oh, that massage is sounding better and better!

I feel grateful that I was able to get so much done in the nursery this week. It has really helped me to feel more at ease about our due date arriving so swiftly. We are now going to the doctor every 2 weeks - amazing! While my headaches have ceased and I rarely have contractions, I have noticed an increase in heartburn and a return of morning sickness. More than anything, I am incredibly grateful that our baby is healthy, growing and progressing and that my body is able to still do much of what it needs to do each day.

*These pregnancy updates are more for my benefit than anyone else's. I pretty much documented nothing with the twins' pregnancy, and so I am trying to keep better tabs on how I feel and how things progress. My apologies if these lengthy, sometimes detailed updates bore or nauseate you :)

3 comments:

Anjanette said...

mmmmm! Oranges. Seriously!
Come to SoCal. Best citrus ever!

Sarah Robbins said...

I love the pregnancy updates! Document away! I didn't do a pregnancy journal because I figured my blog updates would suffice. . .

I am so happy for you that the baby turned. What a relief!

I can't wait to see pictures of the nursery! So fun to get all of that settled. . .

Anonymous said...

How come you look so dang cute! You are well on your want to being done. Congrats! Can't wait to see him.