Friday, December 10, 2010

Product Endorsements

I have noticed recently how desperately I depend on a few things I use on a daily basis. I love when bloggers I follow endorse certain products as it introduces me to something I might not have otherwise tried. So here are my "endorsements":
Rare Minerals Cleansing Kit
Since turning 30 and becoming pregnant, my skin has really needed a lift. It is time I start taking better care of my skin, especially after being an Arizona sun baby and not taking great care of it in my teenage years. At the beginning of the year, my sisters and I had makeovers at the Bare Minerals counter in Nordstrom. I loved the line of cleansers and make-up, but I was a faithful MAC customer and still had plenty of that product left not to justify switching to Bare Minerals. After several months of my skin drying out and looking sub-par, I went back to Bare Minerals for another complete makeover this week. I bought the cleanser/moisturizer/blemish control line as well as the make-up starter kit. It has only been 3 days of using it, but I cannnot believe the difference! I am a happy customer.


Dawn Hand Renewal Dish Soap with Olay
I started using this probably two years ago and can't bring myself to try anything else. My hands spend a lot of time in the kitchen sink, and our weather makes them crackly and dry, especially in the winter. I really believe this helps protect them against the effects of washing them so frequently. Plus it smells yummy!

Lysol Antibacterial Kitchen Cleaner
I clean my kitchen counters, stove, refrigerator and sink with this religiously. It smells good, it cleans well (even removing stains from my formica counters) and it makes clean up easy! I always have a bottle on hand.

Almond Steamers
One of my favorite things about cold winters is being able to frequently drink delicious steamers (flavored steamed milk). I used to always get Starbucks Almond Steamers, but they no longer carry almond syrup (lame! although their Peppermint Steamers are a great alternative), so I will stop at any coffee shop with a drive-thru and grab one to keep warm. I recently stopped at a little coffee house in Spanish Fork called "Buns n' Brews" and ordered a "skinny venti almond steamer," my usual. It was the best one I've ever had. The trick is to get skim milk with a huge dallop of whipped cream on top. Mmmm, so good! Bookstores are usually a great place to grab one as well. Wow, I know what I'm doing first thing in the morning!


2 comments:

Sarah Robbins said...

I have debated trying Bare Minerals for the same reason- I just have too much of the other stuff. I may have to go get a makeover and rethink. Is it hard to feel like you are not wearing makeup? That is the one thing people warn me about. I have worn makeup so long I think it would feel weird!

Donna said...

Jenna,
I liked bare minerals, but powder everywhere, sent me back to Estee Lauder's....got to try that Dawn soap with Olay, my handa are always so dry...and that steamer looks and sounds yummy, but I will have to wait until it drops below 70 degrees here. Thanks, for sharing...I love your blog!
Merry Christmas, to you and your sweet family!
Love you,
Auntie Donna