
I am posting a picture of myself this week practically in my pajamas, zero makeup and hair two days dirty. Just keeping it real for anyone who follows this blog. I tried to edit the sad sight with Picnik to make it bearable to look at, at least.
How Far Along: 28 Weeks
Maternity Clothes:
I am running out of options here. In the last week I suddenly feel uncomfortable in everything, and I'm only going to get bigger. I need some more roomy shirts if I'm going to survive the last trimester!
Best Moment This Week:
Phil and I found all of our old videos from the twins' delivery in the hospital and after. There were a few videos I had never seen before, like immediately post-epidural, that had us laughing so hard - I was drugged and feeling good! It made me so excited for this next experience. I loved my hospital stay with the boys, the delivery, the excitement, the epidural and the amazement of meeting two new little people and welcoming them to our family. I can hardly wait for that moment to arrive!
Movement:
A lot has changed in the last week. Baby boy is growing fast! His head is up in my ribs and his feet are, well, in a less pleasant position. He still moves often, and his kicks are getting harder and stronger!
Food Craving:
Mexican food! I still love it, I can't help myself. I still love Ruby Red Squirt. I have been able to enjoy wheat toast and my Simply Orange orange juice in the mornings again, although I have noticed a hint of morning sickness coming back. Gagging, nausea, total loss of motivation to make dinner... that was a surprise.
What I Miss:
I have had to drop out of my favorite gym classes one by one, this last week I had to leave my step aerobics class early because of contractions. I will miss my classes, but I still go to the gym. I just ride the bike, elliptical and lift some weights. I miss being able to sit and ride in a car comfortably, or drive comfortably. My feet and back hurt horribly if I stand for too long, you know, like 2 minutes or more.
Sleep:
Sucks! Pillow between my legs? Under my belly? Behind my back? Elevated head? Man, I look so high maintenance when I go to bed, and if I have to get up in the night, it is a PAIN to get back into a somewhat comfortable position. Why?
What I Am Looking Forward To:
The delivery. Those videos really made me excited for what is coming! I hope it's as great as my last one.
Symptoms:
Dry skin, heartburn, achy back, a little nausea... the usual.
1 comment:
My friend had a pregnancy pillow that she swore by. She said it made a huge difference in how well she could sleep the third trimester. She got hers on Craigslist. . .
You look great! I am amazed you are still going to the gym.
Hope everything keeps going so smoothly!
Post a Comment