Last Saturday, my mom came over with Bethany's kids (and a few of her own) to decorate Christmas cookies. There were 5 of us adults there to supervise. By supervise, I mean we let each kid decorate one cookie then we took over and had our own decorating contest of sorts. That wasn't the original plan, but we couldn't help ourselves, plus the kids just wanted to play anyway.
Mom and Alyssa frosting away. Notice the dark green frosting, it was gorgeous and festive. Alyssa went to an actual cookie decor shop and bought a bunch of fun cookie embellishments that made the competition a little steeper.
Jared and Bethany with the deep red frosting.
Jack sat around and ate cookies while we decorated. Then he washed them down with a Pepsi. It's a Walker thing.

Emma looking all grown up and wearing a "Tough Guy" bib. Oddly enough, it describes her perfectly! I think she can out-wrestle any one of us in the family. She can definitely out-sass us, and that's saying a lot. We love her guts.

The finished product: Ta-da! So, we didn't decorate that many cookies, but we invested a lot of time in the ones we did decorate! I labeled the three cookies that I did, you may or may not be able to tell. Right after I took this picture, Jared picked up what he thought were the best looking cookies and took a big bite out of each one, then put them back. He can be a pesky little brother!

2 comments:
Ahh, that looks like so much fun! It's great to see pictures of your family. And your cookies look great!
Good thing I dont live close. I may have just shown up to "sample" sugar cookies are my most favorite. Have a Merry Christmas.
Post a Comment