Friday, October 1, 2010

Welcome, October!

October is finally here,
and not a moment too soon!

Unfortunately, the weather missed the memo. It was 90 degrees here today, that has to be some sort of record! The forecast does look promising, however. Temperatures are supposed to dip into the 60's next week and hopefully never look back until Spring. I don't know what it is, but I love Fall and Winter.

To celebrate October's arrival, the twins and I (mostly I was dragging the twins everywhere in my excitement) went all out to make the house feel like Fall. First, we pulled out the Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin hand soap I bought at Bath & Body Works and have been stowing away since August and put it on the kitchen sink. Then we baked 3 loaves of Pumpkin Bread to get the house smelling gooood.
Later, we headed out to get some decorations. I put double wreaths on my double doors this year. Thank you, Tai Pan, and your wonderful 25%-off coupons that come in the mail! I don't know if I would have been motivated, otherwise.

My chrisanthemums are in full bloom. Would you believe these started as a tiny plant given to me at church last year on Mother's Day? They surprise me every time they bloom. What survivors!
I tend to decorate less for Halloween and more for the Fall season so I can keep my decorations up until it's time to put up Christmas stuff, but I loved this little broom at Tai Pan. I was especially glad to see something Halloween-ish that wasn't purple, black and/or orange.

This is the shelf in our front entryway. Yes, that is a large buck hanging just above the shelf. I guess I could have included it in the picture. Large, dead animals coming out of the wall? What says Halloween more than that?
And nothing makes the house more homey than a new scent in the Scentsy warmer. I grabbed some "Harvest Spice" bricks from Tai Pan while I was there. It smells like apple cider and sooo much like Fall. It was the perfect way to complete the feeling I wanted in our home.
Wow, I am feeling so much better about life today, especially knowing that this unseasonable heat is on its way out. Plus, October, that is OFFICIAL festive holiday season! We're that much closer to Christmas music being played on the radio.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

October is MY favorite, too!! I never experienced October growing up because it's always summer in San Diego. :) This is my favorite thing about living in Utah.

three pinkies said...

Great decorations!! Thanks for the reminder (and the soap)!! Mine is out now!

h said...

This makes ME so excited for the season. Can you come decorate my house? Love your blog, love your home. Lovely. And love you guys! Lovely family.

Anjanette said...

Mmmm Fall! It's fun to get excited for fall when the weather actually starts to have the crisp fall feel. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE So Cal, but it's hard to decorate with autumn colored things when it's so sunny outside! Maybe we should come & visit Utah...

BossyMommy said...

Your fall decorations look so cute! I need to update mine. But I'm too poor and lazy. Oh well, the kids like it.

Riki Lee said...

Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE SCENT!!!!! I have it in my B&BW wallflower right now! Love your front doors, btw.

MSH said...

Oh, I Miss You! I love reading your blog! I only wish that I could make my home as festive as yours is! You just have a knack for making your home cozy and for being a stylish pregnant woman. Love you!