Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Maternity Style

I decided a long time ago that I need a great pair of boots this season. I have searched fruitlessly for several months only to stumble upon these beauties today over at Fossil. They are exactly what I have been dreaming about.

And I think they could be brilliantly paired with this drapey cardigan from Alloy (introduced to me by Leslie over at A Room Somewhere, love her)...

and a pair of dark wash skinny maternity jeans (for which I could not find a flattering picture).

But alas, it is WAY too hot here for such attire. I am patiently awaiting the arrival of consistently cool weather. I have decided I just am not a hot weather girl anymore.

I don't own any comfortable or wearable shorts for my current state, so I have been trekking around every day in jeans, and it's 90 degrees outside. Miserable. Today I made a quick stop at my favorite consignment store, The Wandering Wardrobe, to pick up a gift for Phil's cousin. While there I found a pair of Gap denim shorts, maternity, in my size, for $7! Really, $7?!? Like I'm not going to buy those! In fact, I dropped my hot jeans right there by the rack (there was NO ONE in sight) and desperately put on the shorts, ripped off the tag to pay for them, and wore them right out of the store. I'm an insanely hot pregnant woman! (Come on, you know what I mean.)

So here are my new shorts - and my growing belly - today. I will be 18 weeks on Friday.

6 comments:

Anjanette said...

Great boots!

And seriously, being hot & pregnant is NOT cool...especially if you aren't planning on it. It's so much easier to be pregnant in the summer when it's hot because you expect to be hot, but not in September/October! Brutal! It's been SOOOOO hot here, too.

Great 18 (almost) week picture. What a cute pregnant lady you are!

Sarah Robbins said...

Love the shorts! You look so cute. Hopefully it will be cold enough for your cute fall outfits soon!

Riki Lee said...

You make me laugh. Lookin' cute!

Anne said...

Okay I am totally stealing your boot idea. I LOVE those. And I love that you put the shorts on right in the store! haha!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

cute cute cute :)

Heather Evans said...

Oh, I love your little belly! Isn't it so fun and exciting to see that little one growing and your body changing? The shorts look super cute and you look fab!!