First off, I owe a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who voted for us in the Natalie Park Photography contest. We won! I can't wait to get our pictures done, and I've already started brainstorming wardrobe ideas.
Secondly, I have been quite absent from blogging for no specific reason. The boys turn 3 tomorrow, and I thought before I did their yearly Birthday post, I'd update the blog a little.
Now that the snow has backed off a little (except for today, of course) and it's not such an ordeal to get the boys bundled up to go outside, we've been playing more in the backyard. I've even laid out in the hammock a few times. When it's warm, it's delightful! Jack loves to play with Ollie, rain or shine. He throws his boots on, sometimes while still in his PJ's, and heads outside. I hear nothing but giggling and yelling and laughing.
Secondly, I have been quite absent from blogging for no specific reason. The boys turn 3 tomorrow, and I thought before I did their yearly Birthday post, I'd update the blog a little.
Now that the snow has backed off a little (except for today, of course) and it's not such an ordeal to get the boys bundled up to go outside, we've been playing more in the backyard. I've even laid out in the hammock a few times. When it's warm, it's delightful! Jack loves to play with Ollie, rain or shine. He throws his boots on, sometimes while still in his PJ's, and heads outside. I hear nothing but giggling and yelling and laughing.
Last week, Henry surprised us by falling asleep on the floor in the front entryway. Very out of the ordinary for him. We thought he was just worn out until he started throwing up that afternoon and continued through the night. The rest of us followed two days later. It was the worst version of that flu that I've ever had. It took a week to fully recover. So glad that's over.
I am thrilled to announce that BOTH BOYS are fully potty-trained! My goal was to have it done before their 3rd birthday. I'm glad that one's over as well. It was trying, but I found a system that worked well for me and the twins.
Phil has had to travel for work twice in the last month - once to Maryland and once to Virginia. It's no fun running the show on my own. He gets back tomorrow from Maryland and I can't wait to have him back. We all have missed him a lot. On the upside, he has been recognized more than once for his hard work in his company and rewarded multiple times as well. His job is such a blessing and it's even better to see how much he enjoys it.
My mom finally moved here to Utah to be with all of her kids and grandkids! Hooray! We are really enjoying having her around, and she has helped us out by watching the boys on different occasions as well. It's amazing to me that my entire family has migrated here one by one, but it feels right and we love where we are.
This next month should be pretty low-key, but I can't make any promises as far as more diligent blogging goes...

3 comments:
Hooray for the potty trained boys!! i miss you guys. can't wait for the MDB.
THREE?!?!?!?!
Glad things are great over there. Hopefully no more snow, just beautiful spring. That's so great your mom is close to you. Have a great birthday boys. way to go on the potty training.
Post a Comment