Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Patiently Waiting

I finally got up the guts to start potty-training this week. The timing has never been quite right, but I have been feeling determined enough to finally attempt potty-training... twins. So far, so good. I decided to do one at a time and started with Jack. He is actually doing pretty well after just 24 hours. We've kept ourselves busy at home and tried not to leave to avoid any accidents away from home. Unfortunately, yesterday, we had to make a quick trip to the store. I ordered the boys downstairs to get their shoes on. I met them there, put their shoes on, then decided to take Jack to the bathroom one last time. When we came back to the stairs, we found Henry lounging on the bottom step with his blanket, ready for a nap. I honestly think if we had left him there any longer, he would have been out like a light! I thought it was so cute the way he perfectly fit on that bottom step, I'm glad he stayed in place long enough for me to take a picture.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh man, good luck with the potty training! It's interesting because every one says it's so hard, and I thought maybe it would be different for me. But it kind of just was for me, but more emotionally. I started to get frustrated because I was cleaning up pee and poo all the time for a couple days (the first day was good, the second was a lot harder) but then we stuck to it and it got better. We had just figure out what worked for Wes specifically. Just don't feel like just because they have accidents or wet the bed it's personal. (I got over it but Brian kind of felt that way and it was really hard for him and thus, he was hard on Wes.) And make sure you and Phil are on the same page. That helps a ton, obviously. Good luck!!!

Riki Lee said...

Emersen loves to lay on the steps just like that! It's so cute.

Melanie said...

Jenna - I just read your comment on my food blog about the fajitas and followed your name link here and had to comment (hope you don't mind) because I am potty training my 2 year old this week and it is PAINFUL. Seriously. I've done it two times before but this time it seems like the first. So I am giving you all the credit in the world for managing it with twins! Good luck!