Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Their Other Best Friends

Despite their differing personalities, varying likes and dislikes and occasional fights, Jack and Henry are, without a doubt, the best of friends. I love how they interact with each other and entertain one another. As I type this, Jack is chasing Henry through the kitchen with his tractor and "dump-it" truck. They are both laughing and screaming like little girls. It's heaven to hear.


This past Christmas, however, each received a gift that has become a part of them, individually. For Henry, it's Ollie. He loves this dog and longingly looks out the back door for Ollie to arrive when he wakes up. He'll beg to put on his coat and boots to go outside and play with him. The other night, to keep him occupied, I let Ollie sit on the rug by the door with Henry so I could make dinner. Henry was on Cloud Nine! Then he asked if I would take a picture, so I captured these little gems.


Sheer happiness...

Sincere adoration...

...and almost inseparable.

As I was snapping pictures left and right of Ollie and Henry, Jack came up and asked, "Mamma, will you take a picture of me and my drill?" I about died laughing, because while Henry's heart beats for Ollie, Jack's heart beats for his drill, a very thoughtful and appropriate Christmas gift from his Gramma and Grampa. I said, "Ok, hold up your drill and smile!" This is what I got:

Sheer happiness, sincere adoration and almost inseparable. This picture is just so fitting. As a sidenote, Jack takes this drill everywhere. The other day we were driving home from town, and the drill was whirring the entire way home, non-stop. I looked back to ask Jack to let up for a minute only to see his head sunk into his shoulder as he was fast asleep with his finger on the trigger.


These boys kill me.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

thank you for the ollie pics. i love that pic of jack too. hilarious.

Anne said...

Best post ever. Your boys are so adorable!!!!

Natalie said...

So cute. Love it. I love that they ask you to take pictures of them, too!

Riki Lee said...

Hahaha!

Serina said...

So adorable! I love little boys!