Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Pumpkin Patch

Seeing how was Phil was gone again and it was General Conference weekend for our church, we headed down to Oak City with Phil's family, as is the tradition on Conference weekend. On our way down, we stopped off at the Red Barn in Santaquin and visited their Pumpkin Patch. It was so enjoyable! Phil's mom came along to help me out and spend time with the boys. We went on a 10-minute hayride out to the patch, then let the boys run around and pick out their pumpkins, hitched a hayride back to the barn where we bought delicious Kettle Corn and ice cream. It was a beautiful day, a lovely place to spend the afternoon and a perfect way to kick off our weekend.

Thanks, Mom, for all of your help and encouragement. I loved the visit and the weekend! We really needed to get away for a bit.
Enjoy the pics!
Riding the "hayride" (there was no hay, but it was still fun) with Gramma Pam.

The boys took turn riding this poor pumpkin and jumping all over the haystacks in the background while we waited for the hayride to pick us up.
Jack searching for a pumpkin...Henry ran around with this ticket in his hand the entire time.
Gramma Pam helped Henry look for a pumpkin.
Jack found one!... then quickly ditched it for another and another. He was terribly distracted in our quest for a pumpkin.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I love how their both studying the pumpkin stems in the first picture. Cute!

Jyl said...

I love the Fall, and Pumpkin Patches but not pumpkin pie or patchy skin... LOL.... and I miss you

Donna said...

I love pumpkin patches...but you don't see a lot of them here in AZ!
The boys look like they had a great time...they are getting so big-makes me sad! Glad you had a fun day...
love you,
Auntie Donna