Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Air Show 2009

Saturday we were ambitious and ventured up to Hill Air Force Base for their 2009 Air Show. I grew up near an air force base, and my father - being a licensed pilot himself - always took us to see the planes at the air shows there and instilled in us at an early age a love for planes and everything about them. I was so excited to find out that there would be an air show here this year and let Phil know we would be attending! We went up with the twins, Rick and Pam. It was worth the drive and working our way through crowds of up to 300,000 people, too. I loved it, it made me feel like a little kid again. More than once I unknowingly walked right into people because I couldn't tear my eyes from the sky and the air performances as I walked. I think the boys really enjoyed it, too. Rick was a perfect tour guide and knew most everything about the planes on display, that makes the trip so much more interesting!


Phil and I in front of the P51 and two other planes whose names I cannot recall (F14 and F16, maybe?)


These little stunt planes were the most entertaining and the boys' favorites.

Mom, Phil and boys in front of the B-1 Bomber.

In case you don't know, Phil is just a few hours shy of acquiring his pilot license as well. This plane is very similar to the one he trained in initially.

The boys sat in the KSL-5 chopper. Jack cried when we put him in there, Henry cried when we took him out.
I had a great time, I'm so glad we went! Thanks to mom and dad for all of your help with the boys!

No comments: