It had been a while since our family took a vacation together. And this was the first time we, as a family, took a vacation just because we needed one. Phil has been working a lot lately and the last two "vacations" the boys and I took were taken without him. We decided to head down to California to play on the beach, see some of the sights and visit with family. It turned out fabulously and I am afraid to face real life tomorrow when Phil leaves for work again!
Our first stop was in Palm Desert, to visit my aunt and uncle. Apparently we were so ready to relax that I forgot to take many pictures. Bummer. I did get a few, though. We arrived to 96-degree heat and it was heaven for us since it snowed the day before we left home! We so enjoyed thawing out in a heated pool and jacuzzi, eating dinner outside with a stupendous view and visiting with two of our favorite people in the world: Russ and Marcia. A million thanks to them for taking such great care of us. We love you!
Russ holding and comforting Henry after Jack scared him with a creepy spider toy. His timing was perfect.
The view from the back patio. Breathtaking!
The boys hanging out on the front bench. They enjoyed a good swim, running on the golf course with cousins Noey and Skyla, and riding in the golf cart with dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment