Monday, April 13, 2009

Entertainment At Its Best

Easter in our family was incredibly enjoyable. In church I sang in our ward choir, and we sang well and I even got emotional through some - okay, ALL - of the songs. I really appreciated the talks as well.
After church, I made pies and potato casserole to take to the Homestead for Easter dinner. While I finished up final preparations, Phil kept the boys out of my hair by giving them a ride on the dirt bike. Jack walks around most days saying, "Ride the bike, ride the bike..." Phil finally caved, both boys rode around with giddy smiles on their faces!


After a delicious dinner, we geared up for the Easter Egg Hunt. I was especially anxious this year because the boys are at an age where they understand what's going on and they get excited about it. The Easter Egg Hunt did not disappoint. The boys were THRILLED! We asked Jack if he wanted to find the eggs, he yelled, "Yeah, Yeah, YEAH!" and ran from egg to egg exclaiming, "More, more, MORE!" It was hilarious. Here are the boys with Phil before the hunt began...

...and they're off! Henry stumbled right over this egg and smashed it to smithereens. Hilarious, really. He just stared at it for a while not sure what to do until Phil picked it up.

Jack was really into his egg hunting, but took a moment for a candy break every now and then.

Henry spotting an egg hidden in the tree.

Jack busting open one of the plastic eggs. I put little rubber snakes and insects in there with candy. (Sidenote: Jack has been carrying the cockroach around all day today, feeding it candy and putting medicine on its bum. Should I be worried?)

Henry is telling Phil to give the other Reese's Peanut Butter Cup to Jack. He's pretty good about sharing.

It took a few tries but we finally snapped a family picture, and look, we're all smiling and (mostly) looking at the camera! It's an Easter Miracle!
I have two great videos to share, but Blogger is being difficult and won't let me upload them.
Stay tuned...

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

You look so beautiful, what a cute picture!

Anjanette said...

what a cute family.
Easter is such a great holiday.

Donna said...

Jenna,
What great pictures and memories for you and your family! I love all your photos! It was so great to see all of you last month!
Love you,
Auntie Donna

Kami said...

I was excited too for them to know what is going on! SO fun. They are so cute and handome boys now. What a cute fam.

BossyMommy said...

Hey look! We have the same background on our blogs! That's gonna drive you nuts, isn't it? (o: Wasn't on purpose...swear.

BossyMommy said...

Just read your captions. I just have to say, at least Jack wasn't feeding it medicine and putting candy in its bum. Then I'd have to wonder what goes on at your house all day long.