(Bonus pics from Oak City Days 2003. Left: me, Mason, Brian and Mark waiting anxiously to catch some trout with our bare hands. Right: Phil and I gutting my catch.)
Did I ever mention that I love Oak City? Did I mention it's where I fell in love with Phil and knew I wanted to marry him? Well, it all started at Oak City Days five years ago. (Wow, five years, can that be right?) I made sure he knew that I never wanted to miss Oak City Days as long as I lived after that. After missing last year (bummer), we were back this year and the twinners had their first Oak City Days experience.
Our friends, Mike & Alisa joined us with their little girl Eliza for the entire weekend. I vote they come with us every year, it was so great! Friday night was the parade. The boys ran all around in the gravel, threw rocks and climbed all over daddy. I think they were excited for the festivities to get started.
The next day we helped/hung out in Aunt Lisa's cookie booth. She makes humongous cookies and decorates them with yummy cream cheese frosting and sprinkles. She keeps hundreds of cookies to be frosted in these tupperware containers. Jack & Henry made themselves comfortable on top of the bins. They'll climb on most anything.


5 comments:
Don't ever trick me with the title The OC again. I thought, "how dare they come & not tell me!!!!" Phew...just Oak City (not JUST Oak City). Oak City Days seems like a weekend to look forward to all year. Maybe we'll add it to our list of places to be for next year...?
We had a great time!!! It was sad to drive away from a weekend of fun, especially when it was still going on! We loved hanging out with you guys, & the extended family are all so nice! Thanks for inviting us! Next year we're there!!!
How could you miss out on one of those cookies? They look huge and delicious. Your boys are getting so big. They don't look like babies anymore.
Oh man! The boys are SOOO BIG...and when did they get so much hair?! Hey, we're back in town and settled in with Justin starting school on Monday, so we're going to have to start getting together cause you have a backyard and I don't even have a patch of grass anywhere near our apartment!
How fun! I want to go? Why have we never been to OC days? I'm excited to see you guys tonight at Mary's reception!!!
Post a Comment