...and not a moment too soon, either. This month - this entire summer, really - has been hectic, action-packed, exhausting and even slightly stressful, but our joy has been full as we've mingled with and revisited old friends, family (both immediate and extended), seen new places, tried new things and completely abandoned our regimented schedule for a while. Perhaps it's the OCD in me, but I live best and get the most accomplished when I'm on a consistent schedule (I'm sure I've mentioned this before). And with twin toddlers, a schedule is a must.
Now, among all the rodeos, family reunions, city days and road trips, there's been a big wedding in the works for Phil's littlest sister, and we somehow managed to pull the whole thing off and bring our summer to a close without a hitch this weekend. Here are a few pictures:
Handsome guys all dressed up. It's the first time they've ever worn ties, and I think they are deliciously adorable. I just want to bite their cheeks off!
Family picture. Mary's colors were a deep royal purple, lilac and the green of my dress. The colors looked stunning together. I'm excited for the photographer to get the pics back to us. And for the record, Phil is HOT. I love his hair short.
Mary looked gorgeous, and so grown up. Here she is with her sisters and our long lost brother, Scott. We're always happy when he makes it for family get-togethers.
Jack with the Mother of the Bride.
A snapshot of the luncheon, which, by the way, was a fabulous setting. Hillary and I sang "Pie Jesu", accompanied by Melanie. Rick sang the song he wrote for Pam on their 30th anniversary. Both numbers really set a nice tone for the afternoon.
Now I'm anxious to get back to being a Domestic Diva: cooking, baking, cleaning, exercising, napping, and watching BBC movies while I fold the laundry. I'll let you know how that goes.
5 comments:
Jenna your boys are adorable in their ties...even Phil. it is so fun seeing your little boys growing up even if it is via blogging.It looks like your summer has been really busy, but really fun!
I LOVE your green dresses. Very classy. And I LOVE little ties on little boys. They're like cute, little Phils. ( :
Oh man! What a great weekend. And I think a wedding is a great way to cap the summer season off. And...for the record, you look pretty hot too (you always mention how good looking Phil & the boys are...I just thought I'd let you know you look good too).
Yes, those boys do look a little too cute in their ties.
I know what you mean about getting back into a schedule. Although, I'm not quite the domestic diva you are. I'm into the exercising and napping part, but not so much the cleaning and cooking. I do enjoy baking though. Ok, I'll stop rambling now.
Looks like the wedding was great! ALL your boys are adorable! Wish I could have been there to see them in person:0(
Schedules make life a bit more tolerable - though it does sound like you've had a great summer!
Post a Comment