Monday, June 23, 2008

This One's for the Girls

So my little nieces left, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't shed a single tear. On the contrary, I have missed them every day and wish they were still here! We had a lot of fun together, I kept them busy and entertained, and I sent them home exhausted (and even a little sick, sorry). Here are some of the things we did their last week here:

All dressed up for church and Phil finds a snake! The girls were all over that, they played with it for a bit then convinced Phil to let it go rather than kill it (very much against my wishes). It was a harmless snake, but still, I despise snakes in all their varieties.

We had a lovely time at the park in our neighborhood. We took a big blanket and had a picnic, played funny games and collected flowers and plants. Plus, look at that awesome view!
Wednesday we went to BYU and spent some time with Auntie Lyssa, saw the fish, played with science exhibits and ate delicious ice cream. Then we headed up to Bridal Veil Falls, where the girls played in the water and climbed the rock slide for a good while. Here they are in front of the Provo River. Coming from Arizona, it's always fascinating when a river bed actually has running water in it!
Besides multiple trips to the library, a shopping spree at Old Navy, movies galore (including High School Musical), the girls and I also went to the water park with their other aunties. We slid down the slides over and over and practiced swimming and doing cannon balls. Aunt Bethy hosted the girls for a night and took them to the park, and when they came back to me, Phil and I took them and the twins camping (a first for all the kids). It was very fun and very exhausting! Here are some pics from that little outing:

Breakfast around the campfire (eggs, bacon, toast and fresh fruit...mmmm!)
Free range cattle invading the campsite
Auntie Jenna practicing her photog skills (I had great subjects)

I can't wait until the girls come back to visit!

I think I definitely secured my designation as the favorite aunt.

4 comments:

BossyMommy said...

Who ARE those beautiful little blonde headed girls? I mean, their mother must be a goddess! Ok, ok. I'll agree that you've secured your favorite auntie reign. I may even have to concede mother of the year to you, too (in a surrogate sorta way, of course). Thanks for showing them such a great time while they were there, and for teaching them to pee outside. Education CAN be fun.

Gingerlylizzy said...

Ok, so I am sorry I don't remember your first name :( but I am Liz from Dilly Dally Art. I was googling "baby rattlesnake" because Dave and I stumbled across one on our walk and he didn't believe me when I said that is what it was, and sure enough, your blog came up. Dave said, "Don't we know them?" and I saw those twins and thought NO WAY! Out of the millions of blogs on the internet and I came across yours! Anyway, I can't believe how much your boys have grown already. Did you ever get your CD from Jody?

Michelle Bebe said...

i should say "favorite aunt"! i wanna come do all those things in nice weather too!!!

Tammy said...

Hi Jenna, This is Tammy I have enjoyed your blog. Kristi helped me with getting my blog set up. What have I got my self in to? I wanted to share with everyone my missionaries and family.. Your boys are so cute and growing so fast.