Two years ago, we planted 3 tiny strawberry plants just like this one:

And now we have a strawberry patch that is likely to take over our entire flower and vegetable gardens if we don't keep tabs on it.

I have been harvesting bowls and bowls of these beauties.

Man, they are delicious! I have made two batches of homemade strawberry jam in the past week. We eat in on sandwiches, waffles and toast. The strawberries are pretty tasty with a dallop of whipped cream on them, too. (Everything is better with whipped cream, if you ask me.)
But I've got to watch out for these little guys. If I'm not careful, they'll crawl behind me as I harvest and eat all the strawberries as fast as I can pick them!

I can't wait to start harvesting the rest of our garden.
Currently growing and thriving are green beans, corn, bell peppers, jalapenos, tomatoes (salmonella-free), squash, zucchini, honeydew, peas, spinach, carrots, basil and cilantro.
I love summer fruits and veggies.
And now we have a strawberry patch that is likely to take over our entire flower and vegetable gardens if we don't keep tabs on it.
I have been harvesting bowls and bowls of these beauties.
Man, they are delicious! I have made two batches of homemade strawberry jam in the past week. We eat in on sandwiches, waffles and toast. The strawberries are pretty tasty with a dallop of whipped cream on them, too. (Everything is better with whipped cream, if you ask me.)
But I've got to watch out for these little guys. If I'm not careful, they'll crawl behind me as I harvest and eat all the strawberries as fast as I can pick them!
I can't wait to start harvesting the rest of our garden.
Currently growing and thriving are green beans, corn, bell peppers, jalapenos, tomatoes (salmonella-free), squash, zucchini, honeydew, peas, spinach, carrots, basil and cilantro.
I love summer fruits and veggies.

10 comments:
Way to go on the gardening! Those strawberries look delicious. I had good intentions this year now that we have a yard, but...probably not going to happen. You're my hero though.
I LOVE strawberries as well! Two yrs ago I got into canning and jamming...LOVE it! We should do it sometime together, ya know, since we live so close! hee hee Great to see you in UT. Nat
those strawberries look divine!
Awesome! I am mucho jealous. Strawberries are the best! I can't wait to go to the Farmer's Market tomorrow and get tons of fresh produce. I love all the fresh summer fruits and veggies too.
There's nothing like strawberries straight from the garden! Maybe I'll come join the boys in following you around! ;D
I love homemade jam. Those strawberries look deicious. I have to ration my boys' starwberry intake because I think they could eat 'em all day.
Your boys are so cute, and I know I say that everytime. I'm totally jelous that you have a garden, so fun!
How great to have a garden that you can actually eat from, what's your secret to grow ALL that yummy veggies and fruits? Have a great weekend! your family picture on the top is so cute, you look great!
That's why you love Utah over AZ right there. I have such good memories of my Grandma's summer gardens in Idaho. Amazing.
Jenna, I just saw your 'poll' for our 10 yr reunion, I really hope you come, I'd love to see you. Plus it's a once in a life time deal you know. It's better to come and say it sucked, then not go and wish you would of gone.
Post a Comment