Monday, July 7, 2008

To Avoid Persecution...

...I'm updating my blog. A lot has been going on around here that has kept me away, and I can't promise absolute diligence in blogging just yet, but here is the low-down on the past couple of weeks.
First of all, we got Central Air in our home. I know, I KNOW, can you believe we've lived without it for our entire marriage? It's true. And I don't even know how this Arizona girl survived it, all I can tell you is I am grateful every time I walk into my home and it's nice and cool, just waiting for me to get comfortable. I can cook and clean without even a bead of perspiration on my forehead. It's heaven. And we got a GREAT deal, too. Check out One Hour Heating & Air for all of your heating and cooling needs, tell 'em Phil and Jenna sent ya. Oh, and remember when we were selling this baby?

Well, she sold last week and lucky for us, we had just happened to find the exact minivan that we (meaning I) wanted the week before. So we bought her. I don't have a pic of her yet, but she is a 2005 Chrysler Town & Country with all of the bells and whistles: DVD, leather, Stow n' Go seating, navigation system, etc. and a nice greenish-gray color. And we got a sweet deal on her, too. I love love love having a van, it has come in handy so many times already and it's so fun to squeeze the whole fam and then some into the car and head out. We have had the Milo & Otis DVD in the car practically the whole time, so now every time I load the boys into their carseats, Jack says over and over, "Doggy? Doggy?" and points to the TV screen. He is a chatterbox, that kid, but more on that later...


Pam & Rick had their 30th wedding anniversary last month, and we had the opportunity to all go out to dinner without children! It was fun and delicious and a nice treat. I ate sushi, everyone else had Hibachi Grill stuff. I wanted to play it safe and stick to what I know.

Here are all of us childless adults:
And here I am with my sushi and my unusually enthusiastic husband (he's not one for overdoing the photo opps):

I know the real reason you all visit this blog is to see Jack & Henry, but I don't have my camera on hand to share any fun pictures at the moment so let me brief you instead.
They are both walking a lot, they love playing in the kiddie pool both at home and at their grandparents' house, they love books and being read to, and if you tell them to go get a book, they do so and then sit right on your lap so you can read it to them, and they are avid fans of their daddy. It's heartbreaking and heart-warming at the same time, it's also so cute.
Jack is a regular parrot. His latest words are doggy, daddy, thank you, uh oh, toothbrush, grandpa, no (he's really good at that one), mom, cheese, drink, hot, outside and lots I'm sure I'm forgetting. He answers no and shakes his head to every question, even when he means yes. He likes animal books and making animal noises.
Henry is so even-tempered and lovable. He shakes his head no and nods yes to answer questions, he says thank you, uh oh, hot (and blows on his food when I say hot), and knows what all the animals say (chicken, cow, horse, pig, sheep...). He loves playing on the stairs and riding the 4-wheeler with his dad. He gets really excited about animals and going outside.
I promise more updates when I get the camera back.

8 comments:

three pinkies said...

I am so happy for you and your A.C.!!! And there will be so many more days to enjoy it this year! ;)
The new car is also fun news. My kids will be jealous of the DVD.
And, I think when the kids start talking they get easier & harder. You know what they want which is really nice, but they know you understand so they expect more. Record them talking, how they say things changes so quickly!

Sadie said...

I was wondering when you would come back. ;) Love to hear updates on your cute boys. I need to see them (and you) again.

Natalie said...

Congrats on your new van! You'll never go back to anything else now! We might need a bigger car in the future, but I don't think I can give up the sliding doors....those are my personal favorite! Yeah for AC! I don't know how you did it for that long. Great to get an update on your cute boys--

Anjanette said...

You are right...I HAVE been waiting for an update. Congrats on the new van & the chatty boys. We're (& when I say we I mean I) thinking of coming up for Mary's wedding. Don't let them grow up too much between now & then.

Joe and Laura said...

You weren't kidding about the 'chatter box' how in the world can he say toothbrush -that's a hard one. About the reunion's agenda, I have no idea what's in store. Likely a dinner, and just get to catch up with people? I have no idea, but I'm sure it'll be fun.

Daniel and Kerri said...

Congrats you are now officially a Mama! The minivan is the way to go when trying to take you kiddos anywhere and everywhere. It sounds like your boys are growing up. Miss ya and maybe we can coordinate one of our visits to AZ. I am going in September. Love ya kerri

Michelle Bebe said...

congrats on your minivan!

and i am SO glad my son isn't the only one who says no when he means yes!

Amanda said...

sounds so exciting! I'm glad that you got A/C! Isn't if funny to think people LIVED WITHOUT it for awhile?? :)