Monday, April 14, 2008

We've Been Busy Bees

This weekend was busy and very enjoyable. My mom came to visit. Why did she have to leave? We're going to have to do something about her not living up here. It was GREAT to have her around for three days. Jim and Bethany blessed their baby Emmalee, so that gave us lots of opportunities to hang out with family and eat, eat, eat (my favorite thing to do).


My house was usually the gathering place for the family. Braddock and the boys got to play together a lot. Here's B-Rock giving Henry a kiss on his bald little head. He's fascinated with Henry's bald head. Usually he pats it or hits it instead of kissing it.
Sunday was the baby blessing, then a fantastic luncheon at Jim & Beth's. The weather was perfect, so we ate outside. Wow, I love the spring. You know what else I love? That none of us Walker girls planned our outfits! Great minds think alike, it's true. And look at Emmalee! Such a precious little girl. I love her! I think I gave her a bajillion kisses this weekend. Isn't my mamma cute? I miss her.
Here's the latest family picture. Henry's face is my favorite. He makes the crustiest faces, especially at strangers. I don't know what his deal is in this pic, but he cracks me up.
Braddock has a little battery-powered "Gator" or tractor of some sort. He doesn't know how to steer it but he's got the pedal-to-the-metal part down. He gave Jack & Henry a ride around the yard and crashed into a few chairs along the way. They were lovin' it!
Today we went down to the library for storytime. I was a little nervous about whether or not the boys would be able to sit still for 30 minutes, but they were in awe of the lady running the show. She did sign language, sang songs and told stories. Then at the end she brought out musical instruments and let the kids play on this big blanket. What a wonderful way to spend the morning! I think we'll be there on a regular basis. The best part is that it's for ages 2 and under, so it's mostly a bunch of babies. We went with Millie and Aria and their moms. It was a blast! Below are the two boys with Millie, who is over two months younger than them. My boys are runts.
The boys had their one year checkup today.
Henry: 16lbs 10oz, 28 inches long
Jack: 15lbs 4oz, 29 inches long
Are you kidding me? They were literally off the charts with their weight (as in they didn't even make it on the charts).
At least they're healthy and happy. And really, really cute.

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

I miss those boys! I thought about my nephews today and almost started crying! give them lots of love for me, okay okay?

Alyssa said...

I miss those boys! I thought about my nephews today and almost started crying! give them lots of love for me, okay okay?

The Tate's said...

So cute! how fun to have family in town...that is my favorite these days!!

BossyMommy said...

So cute! I love how they play with B-rock. And did everyone wear black and white on purpose? Very oreo-ish. (that's a good thing).

Daniel and Kerri said...

Off the charts with their weight, I don't think so. My little Emma just turned eight months and is 23 pounds. Your little boys are so cute and it always looks like you are having so much fun.

Alyssa said...

Jenna!!!! Your swimsuit party is the same night I work at the temple!!!!! If I'm lucky I leave at 8 at the earliest....Can we do something about that? I don't need to be at the party, but i do want to try on the swimsuits