Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Cabela's!

We initiated the boys today into the world of hunting by taking them on their first trip to Cabela's with Hillary and Gracie. I think the kids were mostly excited to get out and do something different, but Phil and I were proud to show the boys the fresh water aquariums, world animals and trophy game.
Here's our family picture in front of the African exhibit. Notice the stuffed lions attacking the stuffed exotic animal just to the right of us. Pretty true to life, if you ask me.


Phil and Henry in front of the trout aquarium. These boys are going to love this stuff when they get older! I could already catch a glimpse of fascination in their little eyes.
Jack and Gracie in front of a sunken fishing boat. Look at Gracie's face, it's priceless. She was lovin' life at Cabela's.
Phil and I stopped for some lunch at the Cabela's Cafe, and it was very delicious. We got a little ice cream for Jack and Henry to share. Jack likes to help Henry eat his food sometimes by shoving his hand in Henry's mouth. Probably not a good idea anymore with those teeth that are popping through in there.
The best thing about Cabela's is it's FREE. It's ginormous and very entertaining. Plus I think it's the one form of amusement for the kids that Phil can tolerate for multiple hours. We might have to settle for this instead of Disneyland.


3 comments:

Chad~Nicole said...

Cabela's is like a big black hole that sucks men in for hours. :) I like looking around too...but seriously once you've seen one fishing pole, haven't you seen 'em all?

three pinkies said...

My kids love going there for the shooting gallery and feeding the fish. I like going up for a sample of fudge- my favorite flavor is Moose Drool.
You just wait though, you will be at Disneyland before you know it!

the landreths said...

I love that picture of you and Phil in your header!

Isn't Cabela's great. We've taken several field trips there ourselves :).