This is my mantra of 2008.
A friend of a friend (or a friend of a sister, actually) inspired me to choose a theme or a goal for this new year. After careful thought and consideration, I believe these three "R" words best sum up my aspirations for the next 12 months, or at least the next little while until I forget that I actually ever chose a mantra...
I love my life. I love my responsibilities as a wife and mother. And now, after what seems like a long time of trying to get pregnant, being pregnant, and recovering from being pregnant, I'm ready for a little personal renewal and regrouping.
So what did I do? I got myself a gym membership. For the first time in a long while I have the energy and motivation to go to the gym and make a habit of it. I took my first class today - a yoga class - and I am feeling sore already. It's so refreshing! I say bring it on.
Once I get past the grieving I do from December 26th-December 31st (I have a hard time saying goodbye to Christmas), I really do start to look forward to the new year and the opportunities it brings for personal growth and betterment. I am anxious to get this new year started right. I am all about having a routine and I'm thrilled to have a daily gym session back in my groove. It's been too long.

9 comments:
Ooh, you're going to love the gym! It's so addicting, but in a good way. And it's always good to take a little time out for yourself.
i wish i liked the gym. i wish i had someone to watch gracie regularly so i could go to the rec center around the corner! great mantra!
Ok, so it WAS you on Polly's blog "kiping" her mantra idea. I figgered. I like yours better than Polly's (shhhhhh....) Her idea of finishing things just seems like waaaay too much work. Refreshing sounds like almost no work. I'm on board.
I love the sore feeling, too! I'm just lacking the motivation to make it a routine. What are you doing with your kids? That's my hard part...I have to schedule time for Wes in the babysitting at the gym and I'm never sure what his schedule will be!
Great mantra.
Great idea.
Maybe I'll steal it...(the idea, not the mantra...although it would be quite fitting).
way to go!
Jenna! I can't believe it's you! Your family is so beautiful! I'm so happy for you, twins, huh!? CONGRATS! I know you waited a long time for them. I bet you're a great mother. I'd love to hear from you my blog is http://deleeblog.blogspot.com/
I hope to hear from you soon. It's a great way to keep in touch.
Your long lost roomate,
Delee
Ya, go Jenna. I, myself, am constantly refreshing, renewing, and regrouping. I feel like my life can always be simpler, slower, sweeter.
I LOVE the mnatra Jenna! I may have to steal it. Good job for going to the gym. Keep it up sistah!
Post a Comment