Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Two Splendid Days

Phil has been working quite a bit lately and we haven't seen much of him at home, so we decided to make the most of his two days off and spend every minute with him. We really miss him when he's not around! It was so great to spend two whole days with him and the boys. Hopefully shift work is over for him forever. On Monday, we took the boys up to the Provo Canyon trail and walked up by Bridal Veil Falls. It was pretty chilly, so we were just about the only ones on the trail. On our way back to the car, we asked some passers-by to snap a picture of our little family. This is what we got:

???

I guess they didn't realize the other half of our family was in the stroller? Oh well, the background is worth taking a picture of. I think next time I'll stick to the original plan and just use the timer on the camera.

In other news, Jack & Henry, in spite of being in the 10th and 15th percentile for their weight, are learning a lot of new tricks. Henry is a pro at sitting up. He is surprisingly sturdy. It's nice to set him down on a blanket and know he'll stay there for an hour or so, just sitting and watching TV or playing with his toys. He is easily entertained and it's a blessing. He's ready for lunch here. Sweet outfit, eh?
Jack is as mischievous as ever, rolling around and making us think he's going to crawl. He's up on all fours rocking back and forth all the time, and he can go from crawling position to sitting to crawling position again, but he can't quite get the hand motions figured out. He still manages to get around, though. His latest trick is rolling himself up in blankets like a burrito, or a mummy if he decides to cover up his head, too. Last week I layed him on his blanket while I went into the kitchen. I came back a few minutes later to find him wrapped up tight head to toe. I freaked out and unwrapped him, and he just was laughing like it was a big joke. I couldn't stop laughing over it myself. But I have to watch him like a hawk now.

We did a little photo shoot for fun. This was the most cooperative one I got. Handsome boys.

More pictures here: November 2007

7 comments:

Michelle Bebe said...

awww little bube boys! that is so funny that jack does that with the blanket! what a little stinker! i need to buy a black sheet to take pics too....good reminder.

i love that pic of you and phil (and the top of the stroller). that is too funny.

BossyMommy said...

I'm jealous of so many things...walking to Bridal Veil Falls, chilly weather, missing your husband when he's not around (oops, was that out loud?). Cute beebies. Can't wait to see 'em in two weeks and two days.

The Lamb's said...

I just love your blog Jenna! Its the only way we can keep up with eachother. We still need to hook up - I'm dying to meet those boys in person - such studs! Thanks for being a good blogger.

-Nicole

Chelsea said...

Yea for dad time! I am cracking up still about your "family" photo! Love the burrito baby! That is so funny he does that on his own!!
I see you got a booster seat!! Aren't you in love?!?!:)

h said...

Jack, you little stinker. Don't you dare start getting around. It means more trouble for your moms when you babies start to do that. :) I can't believe he wraps himself up like a burrito. That is hilarious. I love those little funny boys. :)

the sheldons said...

Awww, Jack made himself into a human burrito.

Daniel and Kerri said...

I love to see your handsome boys. I love this blogging thing because I at least can feel close even though I have not seen you in ages. Your family is so cute and I can't wait to get our two families together. Enjoy Arizona for Thanksgiving.
Kerri