As promised to Ashley, here are six interesting (or at least not commonly known) facts about myself. She tagged me last week. I have to say I am a fan of these little survey things. I have learned so much about friends and family through them. It's awesome because the next time we get together we'll know so much more about each other because of our blogs. I mean, how awesome is that?
1. I love to cook. I have a goal to try at least 2 new recipes each week, and we have found so many of our new favorite family meals that way. I like the challenge and the satisfaction that comes from making something delicious. My favorite resources for recipes are All Recipes, Dinner On A Dime, The Lunch Box Club and Kraft Foods magazines.
2. On a related note, I love food, but when I don't eat I am a complete grouch. I become very irrational and a bit testy, and I get weak and shakey. When I am in a bad mood, Phil always asks, "Do you need to eat?" The answer is usually yes. I swear it's a chemical imbalance because once I eat, I'm a totally different (and much more pleasant) person!
3. For some reason, when I was growing up and dreaming of my family, I always wanted twin boys. Maybe because I grew up in a family of 4 girls and 1 boy, the thought of something new and different intrigued me. Luckily and miraculously, I got them and it's better than I ever thought it could be.
4. I am a cleaning and organizing guru. I can't leave the house without making my bed and cleaning the living room. I can't even begin to cook in my kitchen unless all the dishes are cleaned and put away, or at least are put in the dishwasher. All drawers and cupboards have to be closed and I never leave lights on in an unoccupied room, ever. It drives me insane. And I'm ridiculously competitive. Just call me Monica Gellar.
5. I hate running. There are few things worse to me than running on a treadmill, so boring. I love to exercise when exercising isn't the main focus, for example, hiking or swimming or playing a sport. I really like aerobic classes because it's like a distracting form of exercise. But to wake up and go to the gym to get on a treadmill, gag. I need to change this thought process or I'll die of a heart attack at an early age, what with all those new recipes I keep trying!
6. I served a mission in Milan, Italy. I learned to speak the most beautiful language, saw some of the world's most fascinating architecture and ate the most delicious food of my lifetime. Most importantly, I made some lifelong friends and served among wonderful people who I now cherish and hold very dear to my heart. I feel very lucky and blessed for that opportunity. It's my dream to go back there and take Phil with me for a few weeks.
1. I love to cook. I have a goal to try at least 2 new recipes each week, and we have found so many of our new favorite family meals that way. I like the challenge and the satisfaction that comes from making something delicious. My favorite resources for recipes are All Recipes, Dinner On A Dime, The Lunch Box Club and Kraft Foods magazines.
2. On a related note, I love food, but when I don't eat I am a complete grouch. I become very irrational and a bit testy, and I get weak and shakey. When I am in a bad mood, Phil always asks, "Do you need to eat?" The answer is usually yes. I swear it's a chemical imbalance because once I eat, I'm a totally different (and much more pleasant) person!
3. For some reason, when I was growing up and dreaming of my family, I always wanted twin boys. Maybe because I grew up in a family of 4 girls and 1 boy, the thought of something new and different intrigued me. Luckily and miraculously, I got them and it's better than I ever thought it could be.
4. I am a cleaning and organizing guru. I can't leave the house without making my bed and cleaning the living room. I can't even begin to cook in my kitchen unless all the dishes are cleaned and put away, or at least are put in the dishwasher. All drawers and cupboards have to be closed and I never leave lights on in an unoccupied room, ever. It drives me insane. And I'm ridiculously competitive. Just call me Monica Gellar.
5. I hate running. There are few things worse to me than running on a treadmill, so boring. I love to exercise when exercising isn't the main focus, for example, hiking or swimming or playing a sport. I really like aerobic classes because it's like a distracting form of exercise. But to wake up and go to the gym to get on a treadmill, gag. I need to change this thought process or I'll die of a heart attack at an early age, what with all those new recipes I keep trying!
6. I served a mission in Milan, Italy. I learned to speak the most beautiful language, saw some of the world's most fascinating architecture and ate the most delicious food of my lifetime. Most importantly, I made some lifelong friends and served among wonderful people who I now cherish and hold very dear to my heart. I feel very lucky and blessed for that opportunity. It's my dream to go back there and take Phil with me for a few weeks.
10 comments:
I love it! Those were all great and very interesting :). I had no idea you served a mission! Thanks for humoring me.
man, my blog is a snoozefest compared to yours and hill's. when i get up there, we will have to collaborate. and i already knew all that stuff about you. i defy you to give me something i don't know.
Neat! I didn't know you served a mission in Italy. That's the one place I haven't been that I NEED to go.
i have the eating thing too! i knew i always related to you ... in that way i guess at least!
i love all the info! go you! trying 2 new recipes a week! isn't all recipes the BEST!?
I love your list! So fun to learn new thins! It is so fun that the blogging world has helped fill in the missing links of details since High School! I had no idea you went on a mission! I need more details. So for us slacker friends from the past, will you blog about your mission? :)
By the way I agree with you about the gym situation! :)
I loved reading your list. It is always so fun to see them on people's blogs. I am going to have to borrow your websites for recipes. I get stuck in a routine and never get out. I love that you try new things I am such a wusse, I am always hunger so I try what I know works. Your photo shoot with the boys turned out so cute in your last post!
HAHAHHA! Monica Gellar! That is awesome! I'll bet you have a crazy low electricity bill because you are a chronic lights-turner-offer. I would have a 64 torchiere lamps on in each room of my house simultaneously 24 hours a day if Dean would let me.
And that is awesome that you served a mission to Italy! Are you still pretty fluent?
I hear you on the food thing! When I tell Daniel I need to eat, he says, "It's habitual" and makes fun of me.
These are little-known facts about you? Are you going to tell me there's someone on the planet who doesn't know about #4, MONICA??? But really, these are good. I wasn't aware of your severe hatred for treadmills. I personally have a love-hate relationship with mine.
Yeah, number 4 does not shock me at all. Everytime I call you, the conversation goes something like this......
Bethany: Hey, what are you doing?
Jenna: Oh, just getting ready to make the bed and write a list of things to do.
Bethany: Shocker.
You know I'm teasing (even though it is true)
:)
Lub ya!
Post a Comment