Monday, October 29, 2007

The Monster Mash

I have never before seen people be so obsessive over Halloween decorations like they are here in Springville! Some pumpkins on a doorstep? Sure. Maybe some webbing with a small, black spider in it? Sounds fun. But a Freak Show Graveyard on the front lawn? I think that's a bit much.


This house is NOT right in our neighborhood (thank goodness), but it's on the way to the grocery store and I pass it every week. I had to stop and take a picture today. I think they add a new character every day until Halloween, because I swear every week the decor is a little more elaborate, complete with mannequin corpses and scattered, sawed-off body parts.

I'm adorning my doorstep this year with a few pumpkins and my front door with a little scarecrow that says "Autumn" on it.

I think I'm good for now.

**Bonus Picture**

While I was working on this post I looked down at the boys and they were nose to nose, holding hands in this pose. Naturally, as soon as I pulled out the camera they got big smiles on their faces. What can I say? I've trained them well. This looks like it's straight out of the Sears Portrait Studio catalog, all cheesy and what not.

Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

BossyMommy said...

My vote is for your pumpkins and cute little autumn scarecrow. The other one is a bit of overkill. I mean, come on, you'd think it was as important as CHRISTMAS or something! And I LOVE the boys' pose--they're such little Holmeses!

The Tate's said...

Wow yeah that house beats out any of the decorated houses in our neighborhood. Such a cute picture of your boys. Seriously they always look so happy!

crazy lady said...

That pic is definitly my choice for poster boys for cuteness! Too cute! I know what you mean about the Halloween decoration excess. I like Halloween and all but hello...
I put out a little Halloween jingle bell wreath I came across when I went downstairs to get green beans from food storage. A far cry from when Kelsey was home and put out all the "stuff"
Yeah, I guess I AM officially old...

The Epps Fam said...

Okay, that is my most favorite picture of the boys ever!!! I love it. They're so cute and I miss them. Braddock is feeling better, so we'll have to come over. I can tell my poor little guys is getting sick and tired of being in the house. Also, that Halloween house is dithguthting. We have one just like that here in Payson. I've never seen stuff like this til I moved here (??????????)

Michelle Bebe said...

twins have got to be so fun! what an adorable picture and moment!

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

it's good to train them early. it took gracie forever to smile instead of get distracted by the shiny thing. i love those boys and miss them even more.

oscar said...

Wow- those people are a little freakish with those decorations. They sound a bit on the morbid side which would make any mother want to avoid letting kids trick or treat there. That is weird. Your pumpkins and wreath are very cute though. Oh man that picture is too cute. I totally want to have twins now!! They hold hands....so sweet.

Chelsea said...

Now I LOVE Halloween and we do throw a raging party at my parents...but a full on Halloween Movie Scene?????

At least you posted the best picture ever. Smiles and hand holding!!!!!!! I heart them!

homeless72 said...

Hey Cousin in-law,

I check your blog quite often and realized that I have never actually left a comment before; so here it is!

I really like the lay-out, it's very seasonal and pleasing to the eye. Of course, it helps that you have such handsome boys to post picture of. You have pretty good taste in music too (well, other than Wayne Newton). Tell Phil I say hello.

Jaron

Kami said...

So cute. What is your secret? I've stopped trying to get Anderson to smile for a picture. He is too fascinated by the camera that everything else means nothing!

Chelsea said...

We use sitemeter on our blog and I am tired of the creepy strangers who are lurking. We are going private today. Email me your email address at paceblog@aol.com to join our private party!! This email address is JUST for getting your address, not as my new email. Hope to hear from you soon! :)

Joe and Laura said...

How fun, they are so beautiful and perfect. I love this picture! And they are holding hands, that is so sweet.

Daniel and Kerri said...

This has got to be the cutest picture. I love how they are holding hands. This is one of those treasured photographs. I love seeing your beautiful family. I hope you are doing good love, kerri