Friday, October 26, 2007

Best Buds

As you may have noticed from the previously posted video of Jack and Henry, these two boys get along just splendidly. They have quite the system worked out: Jack is really active and sometimes obnoxious, and Henry is mellow and puts up with Jack. So you see, it works out really well. Reminds me of another couple I know... oh yeah, me and Phil! (Jack gets his personality from me, in case you were wondering.)

This week Henry and I helped Jack work on sitting up a little better. Henry is a pro at it, but Jack just can't seem to sit still long enough to maintain his balance. With a little coaching, he is doing much better at sitting up, although he still likes to wiggle and move a lot. I guess that's something that will never change!

All of our efforts in teaching him must have worn him out, because for the first time he fell asleep right in the middle of playing time, without a fuss or whimper. I just found him like this on the blanket! Poor guy...

Henry, on the other hand, has started wiggling himself. He twisted his way right out of the Bumbo seat. I received no warning that he was inches away from a good tumble - he didn't make a sound as he hung there, just sucking on his hand. I guess he was tired of playing with those toys.

Yesterday I was cleaning up in the nursery, so to keep the boys entertained I put them in the laundry basket for a few minutes. Wow, you'd think it was Disneyland or something! They loved the idea and kept themselves busy trying to figure out just what was going on. Henry was all smiles...

And finally, I think it's time to bite the bullet and buy a high chair (or two). Feeding these boys has become such a battle! I either have to pry their feet from their mouths to get in a spoonful of cereal, or the spoonful of cereal gets knocked from my hand (and lands on Jack's chest) on its way to their mouths. At least with a high chair they won't be able to suck on their toes anymore. We might have a chronic problem with Jack swatting food from my hand. He's just too active to sit still, even for a meal!

More pictures can be seen here: October 2007.

Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

You have the cutest little boys. They are starting to look more alike (in my opinion!)

Kami said...

They are so cute.They always look so happy, like they are really good babies. I wish mine would just randomly fall asleep anywhere...like church for example!

the landreths said...

SO CUTE!!! Really--what adorable pictures. They show so much personality. i love it!

The Tate's said...

How great to have two such happy babies that love each other. That has to be so much fun for you and them. Love the picture of them in the laudry basket. Too cute!

BossyMommy said...

They're so cute!!!!!! And were you one of the people who gave me grief about stopping to snap a picture before saving my kids from peril? (reference: bumbo seat photo) HA! See how it is? Getting that perfect shot is always of the utmost importance--even if they have to suffer a little longer!

BossyMommy said...

and another thing...

Forever Live and Die from OMD? AWESOME! I haven't heard that song in a hundred years!! I didn't even remember it existed til I saw it on your blog. Totally makes me think of Joey Harris.

Frost Family said...

Yea for sitting up and sucking on toes!! I can't believe how much "Holmes" I see in your boys...Phil, Hillary, Uncle Rick...it's so fun!

Kobie said...

Scary about the Bumbo chair! That is why they are being recalled.
Your boys are so cute. And, yes, we will be around for Thanksgiving! We would love to meet your little boys and I would love for you to meet my girls.

Chelsea said...

So yes I am nosey, but bumbo seats are being recalled? I LOVED them for teaching Cash how to sit up so early, but HATED it for the flip out factor. I always wondered why they didn't have straps. We actually got rid of ours because of him always flipping himself out of it. It scared me the dangerous positions he would get in. I love that you take picures though of it! I am so like that! And here is my mom recommendation for high chairs. Don't buy an actual high chair. Get the 20 dollarish Fisher Price booster seat that goes on a chair and has a tray. They even have a toy thing you can buy to attach to the tray, we didn't get it though. This particualar chair is the best. They can't pull the tray off of it like some other brands I have seen and used at other peoples houses. I don't know about anyone else, but my kids want in on the action at meal times. They have to be at the table right there, and you end up usually needing a booster for when they are a bit older, so why not just start with it. And it is way cheaper. Okay, that's my know it all moment for the day. Thanks for humoring me, since you had no option to block me and my rants! :) :)

Michelle Bebe said...

your boys get cuter everytime i see pictures. they have trays for bumbos now by the way. but i have the best highchair ever. it attaches to a chair at the table, has a removable, dishwasher safe tray, it RECLINES into 3 different positions, and pretty much rocks. i started using it before nash could sit up, because i could recline him back.

fisher price space saver.
check out walmart!

Kelsey said...

Food time will be so much easier when you get a high chair or a booster. I hate sticky food messes, and having a high chair minimizes messes and makes clean up so much easier (that's been my experience anyway).

Your little boys are so adorable. I love their bright blue eyes!

Joe and Laura said...

Seriously, I just came across your blog, and since I hadn't seen you since, huh High School, I had no idea what was up with you. But apperantly you have the most beautiful boys ever. My husband just walked by, and I told him that I wanted twin boys...! Really, they are just beautiful. I'm glad to see you are doing well. Love, lala

Adam and Samantha said...

Wow, they are getting so big! That picture of Henry getting himself in that crazy position is so funny! And getting a high chair was the best! It made it so much easier, but Ethan still flips the spoon out of my hand sometimes and he still manages to suck on the straps, but it's still soooo much easier than anything else!!

Amanda said...

It looks like they keep you busy..but that you're having fun too!! so cute!

the sheldons said...

That picture of Henry hanging upsidedown is hilarious! Your boys are adorable. If I could be guaranteed to have twins, I would go and get pregnant right this second. They look like they are so much fun.

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

man those kids are cute. can't wait to see them!