Sunday, September 30, 2007

Chicken Lime Soft Tacos

My sisters have requested that I post this recipe. I originally found it on AllRecipes.com, but I changed it up a bit to make it my own. It turned out great!

Chicken Lime Soft Tacos

1 T. olive oil
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/8 c. red wine vinegar
1 lime, juiced
1 t. white sugar
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. ground black pepper
2 green onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 t. dried oregano

Flour tortillas
Shredded lettuce
Shredded cheese
1 tomato, chopped
Salsa

1. Pour olive oil in bottom of crock pot. Place chicken breasts along bottom of pot. Combine vinegar, 1/2 lime, sugar, salt, pepper, green onions, garlic and oregano in a small mixing bowl; pour over the chicken then add the rest of the lime juice over the mixture. Cook on low 3-4 hours until chicken is done; shred the chicken in the crock pot and mix with juices.

2. Heat the tortillas in a frying pan or in the microwave. Place cheese on heated tortilla, cover with shredded chicken, then add lettuce tomato and salsa as desired. Serve taco style.

For other great tried and true recipes, check out
The Lunch Box Club.

6 comments:

The Epps Fam said...

Yesssssssssssss.
I am going to go and pick up the stuff right now. Jim is gonna love you foreva!

Thanks!

BossyMommy said...

Sweet! I'm on it. It's grocery store day. Now if only I hadn't lost my crock pot lid at a ward party. Dang it.

Chad~Nicole said...

Thanks for sharing. I'm all about crock pot cooking, so I will for sure be trying this out in the very near future.

Chelsea said...

So I saw this yesterday and dreamed about it. I got up to make it and I got everything all ready. I went to put the lime juice in and it was a stinking empty bottle. GRRRRR
So I guess this will be for tomorrow. Most people would just run to the store but I hate quick trips. I have to go all or nothing. And I just went "all" on Saturday. DANG I'm mad! So I will tell you how we love it tomorrow when I send Cody to the store for more lime juice!! :) Thanks Jenna!

oscar said...

Thanks for the recipe and the great recipe link! This sounds so yummy.

DRP said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/jangan-mudah-terbuai-ini-tips-menghindari-pinjaman-online-ilegal/