Last week Phil and I and the boys headed out to San Diego to meet the rest of Phil's family for a somber occasion. Mel and Robby's baby Gus passed away at just six weeks of age. While the event itself is tragic, this past week has been comforting and peaceful as the family rallied around each other and offered unconditional love and support for one another. I was reminded, once again, what a blessing it is to have married into such a close-knit family. And I am continually grateful for the knowledge that I will be together with them and with my own family forever. Nothing can bring greater comfort and peace than this eternal doctrine, especially at a time of loss as sudden and unexpected as this. Our hearts go out to Mel and Robby and all those affected by little Gus's brief time on this earth, but we know of a surety that he is now in a better place and we all look forward to being reunited with him again some day.
Between times of mourning and reminiscing, we were able to keep ourselves distracted with activities and discussions of a lighter nature. Our short stay in California was a memorable one. Thanks to Angie and Eliot for the use of their beautiful home! Jack & Henry enjoyed the ginormous Luv Sac in their family room.
Phil and I escaped to the San Diego beach with dad, Hill, Mary, Gracie and Lilly one evening for a little leisure at sunset. The water was so much warmer than I remember, so I jumped in with Phil (ok, so he forced me in) and dodged a few waves before heading back to shore to play with the little girls.
Before traveling to Arizona for the funeral, we stopped by to visit my uncle and aunt Russ & Marcia in Huntington Beach, then stayed the night in Newport Beach with my mom and brother, Ken & Donna and their family in a gorgeous beach house. There was a comfy red velvet chair in the living room there, where I snapped a few pics of the boys. Henry is making a motor noise with his mouth in this picture. It's his new thing.
Our stay in Arizona is turning out to be longer than we initially planned. Phil returned to Utah on Tuesday, but the boys and I have stayed behind for an extra ten days to spend time with Nanna and visit some friends and relatives while we have the chance.
6 comments:
thanks jen! love you like crazy!
Well I am glad you are having such a good time with all of your family in the wonderful land of Arizona. I really like the picture of Henry with his motor mouth. I'm laughing so hard right now as we speak because I can see the picture. Oh, and you should be thanking me for taking your movies back because I locked my keys in the car after I dropped them off and then I was rear-ended on my way home. Just kidding. Just thought I would make you feel really bad.
I am so sorry about your families loss. Isn't it truly a blessing we have the eternal plan?! Your boys are getting so big. I am sad we are in Tx now. It would have been so fun to catch up in az. Go eat at Elmer's for me!
Hey Jenna!
Your boys are so cute! We were really sad to hear about your family's loss. I couldn't imagine... I know Ryan from when I was little.. his younger sister Brienne and I have been best friends since kindergarten! I've never actually met Amanda though.. weird! Hope you guys are doing great!
Hey Jenna,
It was great seeing you this weekend, even though it was a super short visit. Sorry Lucas is a beast. I'm trying to fix him, really. Your little twin hummers are so stinkin' cute. I love 'em! Can Jack be my favorite? I just love his little face!
I am so glad that the boys enjoyed the Love Sac. I am really happy that it worked out for you guys to stay at our place. When we got home the place looked better than we had left it. Thanks for taking such good care of it.
Post a Comment