Monday, August 20, 2007

Back in the Saddle

As a mother of twins, I suffer without a daily routine. Having been in California and Arizona for the past two weeks, our little routine was almost non-existent and me and the boys were struggling! Since we've been home, we are back to sleeping through the night (thank GOODNESS!) and we are ready to get back to normal life this week. I must say, staying in AZ for an extra week or so was nice and probably something we won't get to do again for a while, so I'm glad we took advantage of the opportunity. The boys were introduced to some new things, like cereal in their bottles, popsicles and Bahama Bucks! Henry is teething and loves anything cold. I gave him a popsicle and Uncle Jared shared his shaved ice to soothe his aching gums and he LOVED the new treats! Jack wasn't as thrilled about the sugary goodness, but he did teach himself to grab non-edible things and gnaw on them, like Nanna's cell phone. This is especially nice now that they are teething - I don't have to hold the teething toys in their mouths, they can do it themselves! They are really efficient little boys! Something else the boys picked up on our trip is holding hands. Maybe they felt a little out of sorts being away from home and were clinging to the only familiarity they had: eachother. Whatever the reason, every time I laid them next to one another they reached out and held hands. Henry usually ended up with Jack's hand in his mouth (probably something to do with the teething?).

(Here they are watching Sesame Street, another fun discovery at Nanna's house.)

I have posted SEVERAL pictures of our trip on our online web album. View it here!

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

Aren't schedules a complete must have?! I always love coming home from trips just to regroup and get normal. I love the boys' shorts. Super cute! Good luck with teething.

Chelsea said...

Sorry...I forgot to say too, I LOVE the new background. So cute and creative! Good job!!!!

Kelsey said...

Hey. My daughter was flirting with your hubby while you were gone. She's 14 months old and she was sharing her pretzel with Phil and sitting on his lap. She likes him a lot more than she likes her uncle Tyson. Too bad we didn't get to see you and your boys, but it sounds like you were having a good time with your family.

-Kelsey (Phil's cousin)

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

They have the cutest outfits!

Michelle Bebe said...

oh my goodness the holding hands thing? i heart them! i bet your mom and family were so glad to see you. the little boys are growing up SO fast!

oh and i love the background!

Angie said...

It is so cute that they are holding hands! Also, they are very well dressed. I love those outfits.