Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Buy Me Some Peanuts and Cracker Jacks! No, seriously...

Well we have fulfilled our summer tradition of attending a Salt Lake Bees baseball game with Uncle Mat, Aunt K'Lyn and their fun, growing family this year. We have done it every year since we've been married and we enjoy it every time, no matter how hot it gets (I think last night reached about 100 degrees before it started cooling off a bit). This was the boys' first baseball game and was much more successful than the boys' first rodeo where Henry screamed bloody murder for almost an hour straight and couldn't be consoled until we were halfway home. To be totally honest, we use these baseball games solely as an excuse to get together with family and eat a lot of food! I couldn't tell ya what even happened in the actual game except that the Bees won 1-0. Go Bees! In Jack & Henry news this week, Jack has discovered a favorite silky-soft blankie while Henry has grown tired of laying around in bouncer seats and has graduated to more exciting forms of entertainment like the Exersaucer. We actually have a really funny video of him in it which I hope to be premiering soon, once I figure out how to compress it. They both are rolling over onto their backs when they wake up from their naps as a way of saying, "Ok, I'm ready to be picked up now!" It's so fun to see their happy faces when I go in to get them!
My sister Bethany and I took our boys to the Provo Canyon Trail on Friday for a walk by Bridal Veil Falls and the Provo River. Even though it was warm, it was still enjoyable. You can read all about it on Bethany's Blog. In the meantime I'll share a picture that she inadvertently left out of her post.
She is sporting Sea Bands in an attempt to combat her ever-present morning sickness. I have to say she is quite a trooper. We walked on the trail for at least two hours and in the end she was still courageous enough to beat 47 box elder bugs that decided to crawl all over my back off with her wet shaved ice napkin! Now that's heroism! Here's a final pic of me and the boys on the trail.

6 comments:

The Epps Fam said...

Sweet post!! Darn you and that stupid picture of me with the bands. My legs look like I've been on steroids!! Oh well. The boys are getting so big. I love that Jack loves that blanket so much. It cracks me up. They're so cute.

Alyssa said...

Jenna,

I love to read you blog! You have to tell us when you are doing stuff (like going to the baseball game). . .we'd love to go! Well I should speak for myself. Anyway, I'm up to the pool anytime. The rest of the week looks open if we wanted to meet there after the guys get home from work- or we could go around 4 and they could meet us. Let me know.
Love ya,
A

Lindy said...

Ohhhh, I miss Provo Canyon. It's the best in the summertime, even with box elder bugs. :) I'm impressed at how much you get out with those boys. You're Supermom.

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

good work with that trail. my legs hurt just looking at the pavement there. so does my heart. maybe i should start working out? your boys are cute so get their little butts down here!

Alyssa said...

I told Bethany I love both your posts but it definitely makes me jealous - I wish I could be there walking WITH you guys!!! I miss my family, although I dont want my time here to end as fast as its going to. Thanks for the shout out, by the way. My dang blog has been giving me grief so I haven't been able to update my posts, but I have some pictures under Arsenal that look pretty similar to your pictures at the Bees game. (minus the two babies strapped to my chest, of course)

TheGleeds said...

I love these new pictures! So cute!