Thursday, August 23, 2007

My Cup Runneth Over

Just one year ago, on August 10th, this picture was taken of little Jack and Henry.
We had no idea at that point that these two embryos would turn out to be such darling and vivacious little boys! We were just crossing our fingers and hoping as much!


I wanted to post on the subject while my thoughts were on it. As I was playing with my little boys today and both of them were looking up at me smiling, I was taken back to over a year ago when I was so devastated by all of the failed fertility treatments that I was sure I would never get to carry a child. All I can say is these boys were certainly worth the wait. I would never have chosen to go through a trial so heartbreaking and so refining as the one I was dealt, but looking back I can now see there was no other way for me to learn the things I learned from that struggle. It is hard to remember a time when these precious boys were not a part of our lives. They have made us so eternally happy and grateful. I will always be humbled by the prayers and support offered in our behalf. And more than anything, I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for loving me and knowing me well enough to teach me what He has. The blessings are more than I count.

I love you, Jack and Henry. Thank you for giving us so much to be thankful for.


Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

The Epps Fam said...

I love those boys. You really are blessed! I can't believe how nicely everything has turned out for you in the last year. I'm glad it turned out the way it has. They're beauties!!
Oh, and anybody who reads this comment, I just wanted to let you know that Jenna is already listening to Christmas music. She told me on IM today. Can you believe that?

Kobie said...

I totally believe that she is listening to Christmas music. That cracks me up. I was watching Ellen today and I had to turn it because it was a show from Christmas. I can't handle snow and Christmas music when it's August! Or any other month but November or December for that matter. It's a Walker thing though. I think it's in your blood.

By the way- your little guys are such miracles. I'm so glad you have them.

Anjanette said...

For a split second I thought you might be making an announcement. Wouldn't that be fun? The more babies the better! PS. You are right...those boys are adorable! Can't wait to play with them again.

Kimberly said...

Oh that sounds too familiar.. we went through fertility to get our precious miracle also.. hardest thing anyone can go through! Your boys are soo darn cute.. i love watching your blog and seeing their fun little lives! Jason says hi by the way!

Adam and Samantha said...

Hi, this is Scott's sister Samantha. I just wanted to say that your boys are sooooo dang cute!! You are truly blessed. Isn't being a parent the best! I know what you mean about struggling to have kids, we waited 2 long years for our little guy, but he is so worth everything we went through! Crazy that our boys came to us on the same day huh? Anyways congrats, they are adorable =)

BossyMommy said...

That first pic is kinda weird, but they turned out alright!! They're so cute. I love 'em both, but Jack's still my favorite just a little. Not sure why. I just wanna bite his little cheeks really sippit (Walker joke--don't ask, people).

Chelsea said...

There are tender mercies given to us and there are huge miracles. I am just an observer, but this is deffinently in the HUGE miracles cattegory! :) I am so glad that you get to have these 2 cuties with you! And I love that your music is on shuffle because it is always a suprise what I am going to get to hear. Today as I read this I got to hear At last. I thought it was very appropriate for such a journey you had to go through! Yea for good kids and good music! :)

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

a) you are! (in response to your comment on my last blog post about twilight. and i wanna see phil do that with his serious face to you in my defense of a book he has no idea about. i think that would be funny.)

b) i need you to bottle henry's breath for me. you would think they would have the same breath, but it's henry's that i remember. love those boys.

and c) remember last year when you, me and hill were all pregnant? not at this time obviously, but in december. that seems so long ago, now.

love you all!

Michelle Bebe said...

any baby that makes it to this earth is truely a miracle, and you have some of the cutest! it's true!

the landreths said...

I didn't know about the struggles you had getting pregnant. What a blessing those little guys are! And they really are so adorable.
Until i saw your comment on my blog i had forgotten that Brian was in there during your labor. That is funny! He was probably more embarassed than anybody :).

It's great to keep in touch this way and get to know a little more about you.

Amanda said...

I am so happy for you guys!!

Tina McKinnon said...

Goodness those boys are sweethearts! And the picture in the upper left of your blog... the one on the left... looks like Gracie! for sure related! Neat!
Your happiness is delightful! So glad for you....

Angie said...

What cute boys and fabulous pictures. They are getting so big, especially compared to the first picture. I loved reading your words. It reminds me to really appreciate my two spunky kids.