Happy Fourth of July! We hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday! We really had a pretty relaxed day. We slept in late, I got the house cleaned (YES! I love that feeling!), I was still unsuccessful finding a swimsuit but we went swimming anyways with my family up at the Homestead. And as is tradition, we finished off the day with a great view of the Stadium of Fire fireworks show right from the in-laws' front yard. I just have to post a few pictures from the day because they are definitely worth sharing.
This is what Phil found in our yard yesterday morning, all coiled up by the rock wall. If you are wondering if that is a baby rattlesnake, well then, you are RIGHT! Shoot me now! I hate those blasted snakes and why in the HELL is there one in our backyard?!? I was up for an hour in the middle of the night with terrors of all the ways that snake could have hurt our children, or me, or Phil had he not found it in a non-threatening way and then beheaded it and skinned it. That's right, of course he skinned it! He's a hunter, remember? He does those sorts of things.
And as is customary among the Holmes men, here is Phil feeding our three-month old child some of his root beer float WAY before our THREE-month old child is supposed to be having dairy products for whatever reason. And darn him, Henry just loves it as is evidenced by that goofy smile on his face. Every time I look at this picture I almost laugh to tears.
For more pictures of our relaxing, fun-filled day, please click here.
5 comments:
Oh my goodness! That snake is so scary! What is Phil going to do with the skin??
I didn't know Phil was a hunter (shows what a great cousin I am). Good thing you have him around to behead and skin rattlesnakes. And thank goodness he found that snake before the snake found one of you. I'm sure it'll take a while for the shock of finding a rattler in your yard to wear off.
That picture of Phil feeding his three month old a root beer float made me chuckle. Your boys are adorable!
Even the back of Jack's head is Phil's head. I called it before I read it was even Jack. I wish I were there with you guys. Love you!
Holy headless snakes, Batman! And did someone just comment that they didn't know Phil was a hunter? That's the most shocking thing I've ever heard.
I think I would have freaked out if Brian tried to feed Wes root beer float! He tried to give him some cheescake yesterday and I put the kibosh on that one. Brian's going to freak out when I show him that picture of that snake! That's his one weakness - kinda like Harrison Ford. :)
Post a Comment