Sunday, July 8, 2007

Little Jackaroo

For some reason I took a ridiculous amount of pictures of Jack this weekend. I just couldn't help it! It all started when Phil turned on the chainsaw outside and started cutting up chunks of wood. He carried out this activity just below the nursery where I happened to be dressing Jack. When Jack heard the chainsaw, this is the face he made:
It was really sad, especially when after he made this face, he proceeded to scream like crazy. I guess he was a little scared. Once we got him dressed, he quickly forgave his daddy and then humored him while he tried to make Jack walk. Notice the shorts that Jack is wearing, that are sagging down and not all that short. But he does have pretty strong legs (and a strong will) for a 4-week premature 3-month old, I'll give him that.

Later that day, we went to Lowe's to pick up an A/C unit for our house that, with the uncommonly HOT temperatures, has turned into some sort of a convection oven. A swamp cooler just doesn't cut it when it sits on top of the roof where the temperature reaches approximately 150 degrees by high noon. (Now that the unit is installed, we are doing MUCH better. When I say we, I mean me and the innocent people I left in my path when I reached the end of my rope last week. Sorry my poor little family. If mamma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. True fact.) Anyway, while Phil ran in to get the A/C unit, I sat with the babies in the car and ate my Frosty from Wendy's. Jack started to fuss so I dipped his sucky in the frosty to keep him quiet. This was the end result:

Look closely and you'll catch the chocolate all around his mouth. I love it! Finally, we came home and hung out on the couch downstairs, where Jack continued to show off his abnormally strong legs and his adorable little face that looks more and more like his daddy's baby face. Fine, Mel, you win. He is a mini-Phil.



2 comments:

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

Thanks for the shout out. I'm glad we can all agree on the fact that Jack is a mini-Phil. He is super cute!

Natalie said...

I'd have to agree as well...when I saw that smile, it reminded me of Phil!