Sunday, June 24, 2007

Oh Blessed Day!


Well, the day finally arrived for Jack & Henry to officially be named and blessed. They were blessed in church today and it was such a wonderful experience. There just is nothing better than an event that brings family together, in my opinion. My mom flew in for the weekend, as well as several other extended family members, for the Bates family reunion held up in Riverton. I am happy we were able to bless the boys while everyone was here. Below are the boys in their little outfits and with the darling blankets their Great-Grandma Smith made for them.

We snapped some family pics to mark the occasion. Unfortunately the entire Walker family couldn't be here (we sure missed you, Jacey!) Braddock was also missing from the picture as he was down for a nap. Jack was throwing a fit because he was hungry! We'll have to get some more complete pictures taken next time the fam is together.

Here is Nanna - my mom - holding the boys. Thanks, mom, for all of your help this weekend! We love having you here and can't wait to see you again!

I would also like to thank everyone for all of your prayers and fasting that helped our little family to become a little family. My heart was so full of gratitude today as Phil blessed our babies. We are so blessed and we are so complete because of these two little miracles in our life. That is, until another miracle comes along... Don't worry, that won't be for a while! Also, we sure missed those of you that couldn't be here with us today (Mom Holmes, that means you!) Congratulations to Mel and Robby on the safe and healthy arrival of little Gus McKinnon!


For more Blessing Day pictures, click here.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I wish I could have been there!!! I can't wait to hear all of the details... Jenna is that a new dress??? I LOVE IT!!

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

Congrats Jenna! This is Andrea...I am Amanda Bishops twin...we were in some of the same classes at BYU. Anyways your boys are SO cute!