Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Stifling Saturday Afternoon

So suddenly the temperature in Utah valley has started rising. Saturday was the first really warm day we've had this year. Our house only has a swamp cooler - not nearly as effective as A/C but a huge step up from the last house we lived in that had NO swamp cooler or A/C and would turn into an oven during the summer. Anyway, as it started getting warmer and warmer on Saturday, I started to feel bad for Jack & Henry, especially since I had them in those adorable but not so summery matching outfits. Then our neighbors from across the street came by and dropped off a gift for the boys: two matching onesies and shorts in a Preemie size! PERFECT! Just had to share the pictures of the boys wearing them, since I can tell Henry is going to grow out of it probably by this afternoon.

Also due to the heat, we all decided to take naps in the afternoon. The boys have decided they don't care much for being swaddled anymore. They both like to sleep with their hands free and usually end up holding them both above their heads. I love it! They look so sweet like that. Here they are sleeping in their crib with the quilts their Nanna made for them. Those quilts are the best! I still have and use mine from when I was born. After 27 years they sure are soft and cuddly.
Jack fell asleep with Phil on our bed. I was really impressed that Jack was able to sleep like that, and he did for quite a while. This was such a great photo opportunity, I couldn't pass it up.

1 comment:

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

Those boys get cuter by the day. So sorry about the swamp cooler situation. A/C is a necessity for me now. i'm big. love you guys!