We had to rearrange rooms and move kids around to get ready for baby girl. We decided to move the boys out of their room and turn it into a nursery. Painting was the first thing to be done and Phil was so kind to do it for me, even if he did think the original color was just fine for a girl. I had a whole vision for the new nursery and he has been good to indulge me. He painted the name "Lula" on the wall, which is what we have nicknamed the baby until she gets here. I thought it was cute. The new paint color turned out beautifully!
I pinned this color palette on Pinterest a while ago and decided to use it for my nursery inspiration.
I looked and looked for some crib bedding that I liked or that fit my vision, but I could not find anything that wasn't ridiculously priced. I did a little research and found some tutorials on how to make a crib sheet and skirt. I happened upon the fabric at JoAnn's and put together the perfect crib bedding. I love how it turned out!
The dresser and nightstand are a perfect match to the blue in the color palette, I painted some frames to match them and hung them on the wall. Everything in the nursery is so lovely to look at, and it's all ready for baby! Sometimes I go in there just to stare. Having a little girl is already so much fun, and she's not even here yet!
One weekend while Phil was gone, I made a car seat canopy for little Lula, again using the color palette I found on Pinterest. It was the easiest project and so satisfying to finish. All that's left to do is deliver the baby, whenever that happens...

4 comments:
Oh my gosh!!! I'm going to have to come see it in person one of these days!!! It's adorable!!!! Perfect combination of everything:)
Love it all! Great job!
SOOOO CUTE!!!
Girls are so fun! Have you had her yet? I forget when you're due...
Post a Comment