Monday, September 10, 2012

Park City Staycation

This summer has been a BUMMER for me. Between the morning sickness, fatigue, kitchen upgrade and ridiculous and uncomfortable heat, I have been beyond annoyed and ready for change. I decided a few weeks before school was supposed to start to GET OUTTA DODGE with the little boys for an overnighter in Park City, where the temps were a full 10 degrees cooler. I could handle that! Aunt Bethy and I surprised our kids and met up at the mouth of Provo Canyon to make it an official party and we had a 2-day getaway. 

On our way to Park City, we stopped at a park in Midway and had a picnic lunch. We swam at the hotel pool as soon as we checked in, then headed downtown to a yummy pizzeria for dinner. Then back to the hotel for coloring, popcorn and a movie, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.

Matching PJ's in the hotel room. Thanks Gramma Pam!

We made sure to get a hotel with a pool and a free continental breakfast - two musts when you're traveling with kids. We spent lots of time in the indoor pool.


On our way home from Park City, we stopped at a darling park in Midway so the kids could play. The weather was cool and overcast. I didn't want to leave! Neither did the kids.




We had so much fun just getting away from the norm. We decided to make this a pre-Back-to-School tradition for years to come. 

2 comments:

Riki Lee said...

Love Park City. Love the 10 degree cooler weather when pregnant. Love all the updates. Love the belly bump pictures. Love that you're having a girl!

The Courageous Life said...

Looks like fun. I had no idea you guys did this!