Wednesday, November 2, 2011

gratitude: day two

Today I am grateful for social networking. Sure, it gets a bad rap as a big time-waster, but I have found it to be useful for so many reasons, mainly that of connecting or reconnecting with people I love. Last month I was able to meet up with a high school friend, Leslie Becker, who I hadn't seen in 13 years! Our lives have taken such different paths, but because we were able to stay connected on Facebook and through our blogs, we coordinated a get-together over breakfast. And it was completely delightful.

I have met up with a friend from Junior High in the same way, after years of not seeing each other. I have connected with 1st cousins that I've never met in person and, before Facebook, never knew existed! I am so thankful for those relationships. It turns out Mark Zuckerberg is good for something.



2 comments:

Sadie said...

Jenna, I just saw that we are doing the same gratitude thing on our blogs. Great minds think alike!!! I love hearing your updates, and seeing your pictures!

Delee said...

I love reading your blog and hearing about your life! (You look great by the way. I kinda wish we were still room mates so I could barrow your clothes. heehee.)
I recently found Bree! Her blog is ericksonfamily2008.blogspot.com Have you been able to find Jodi? Neither of us can find her.